Hi! So, I posted on our old blog a little while ago about Joshua's Sensory Integration Issues. I am really proud to say that I am happy with where he is and this is no longer a big deal. We have been doing a very small amount of Occupational Therapy at home...well, mostly just Therapeutic Listening. It has been AMAZING to see the difference this therapy has made in Joshua's control over his behavior. It is really helping him to regulate. So the therapy consists of very specialized and may I say quite expensive headphones to listen to music that has unusual sound frequencies (higher and lower than normal music). These frequencies train the inner ear to process sounds quicker and learn to filter out background noises more efficiently. This has helped Joshua to listen and follow directions quicker and to lower his threshold to sensory stimulation. In short, his behavior improved dramatically almost overnight after starting this therapy. We know that we are blessed. We are blessed to have Joshua in our lives. He is such a joy, with or without any issues. We love him...and we also love the new bench from IKEA the boys are sitting on. It goes with our lovely new table, so now we can finally seat more than 4 people for dinner.
Our Dancing Queen
2 weeks ago









3 comments:
Hey! I didn't even know you made a new blog! I just happen to find it from the link on the Murray Family blog. Luckily I did, so now my link to you is updated.
hey katie! i'm glad you commented on my blog because i need to update my link on my page for your new blogger site. i hope you keep blogging here so i can keep up with all you and your family are doing :)
your boys are adorable!
yay for 30! :)
Yep. It's officially official. This is our new blog. Our old one is kaput.