Remembrances
9/03/2009 | Author: jefferies
These pictures were taken by my friend Tara right after Elsa was born:
 
Here are some more pictures taken by Tara the next morning:

The day after Elsa was born was the hardest day of my life.  We had to take her sweet body to the Mortuary and leave her with a complete stranger by 4:00 pm.  Before that I spent the whole day sitting on the couch holding her.  It felt like she was alive and just sleeping in my lap all day.  
 
Tara helped us take molds of her hand and foot.  It is these pictures and molds that will help us remember that all of this really happened.  

We had a little birthday party for Elsa the next day.  We still wanted to celebrate her life and that she is a part of our family forever.  We wanted to make that point to the little boys.  They got some special gifts to help them remember Elsa.  
After the funeral, Brent and I spent about an hour alone with Elsa...we took every picture we could possibly imagine from every angle.  I held her body one last time.
 
We said our last goodbyes...
The next morning we met with only a very few people at Elsa's grave for the dedication.  Brent did a wonderful job dedicating her grave.  I know that her body will be safe there until she is resurrected. 
 
The boys smelling Elsa's flowers
contemplating in Elsa's sacred burial ground
 
We went to lunch downtown in Salt Lake City.  Afterward we took a picture of our family in front of the building where Brent and I were married 10 years ago.  In addition to being married we were also sealed together forever to all of our future children.  This is why we will get Elsa back, if we live the way we're supposed to.  This is the hope that is holding us together.  It still doesn't soothe the ache of having her gone right now.
 
We went back and saw her grave before heading back to Oregon.  We left her body in Utah, but her spirit remains here with us in Oregon...in the home where she was born.  We will always have that closeness to her. 
And finally, the display from the open house we had in Oregon:
This entry was posted on 9/03/2009 and is filed under , , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

4 comments:

On September 3, 2009 at 4:16 PM , Miss Kelli said...

All thes pictures just break my heart! But thanks for sharing all these special moments with us! Elsa is beautiful! Please call when you need some thing!!

 
On September 3, 2009 at 5:00 PM , Sara said...

I don't know if it helps or hurts to know that I'm sitting here w/ tears streaming down my face. Just know that I'm thinking of you and praying for you. I truly cannot fathom how much you miss her and long for her. Thank you for sharing so much and letting us feel like we got to know her, too.

much love to you, dear friend!

 
On September 4, 2009 at 9:54 AM , Wendy said...

It all looks so beautiful.Sorry I couldn't make it.

 
On February 5, 2011 at 10:29 AM , April said...

She is beautiful!!!! I am so sorry for your loss. It just brings back a flood of memories. It's true they Haarison and Elsa had another mission in heaven and too perfect for this earth. I pray for peace and happiness to continue with you and your family. Such a hard thing to go through. The pictures are beautiful!

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...