these two kids took swimming lessons, learned a lot, had a lot of fun! (I totally LOVE these kids!)
I sat in the bleachers, watching them...and hoping that I wouldn't have the baby before the two week session was over. (I had the baby 3 days after it ended).
I painted the nursery this lovely shade of green and decorated with a botanical-woodsy theme.
(cute, huh?)
And now we've turned her little crib into a shrine. It seemed appropriate to me to put her picture in the crib. It almost looks like she belongs there.
One more explanation on "The Wood Between the World": I first got the idea for this theme when we were driving back to Oregon after the funeral and burial. I was thinking about what I was going to do with the stuff in the nursery, when the idea of "The Wood" brought me peace and comfort. I am going to turn her room into "The Wood Between the Worlds", until the room is needed again.









6 comments:
Kate, the room is beautiful as is Elsa.
That is absolutely adorable you did a perfect job! I love Elsa's photo in the crib I agree with you I think it's very peaceful! I love the green paint! You are such an amazing person and have helped me in more ways than you will ever know!
What a beautiful job you have done on that nursery. I think it is a lovely place to be to commune with Elsa whenever you want to.
i love elsa's room! that bedding is sooo cute. love the birdies!
People would tell me how hard they thought it must have been for me to lose Winnie, but I told them that at least I knew beforehand. At least I didn't have a nursery to come home to and have to figure out what to do with it. I like that you will use it as a shrine. I think that is a wonderful, healthy, healing thing to do. You made it so beautiful.
So beautiful! She is a perfect baby! I felt so close to heaven at camp, being surrounded by His creations. I love the crib set you picked out, so peaceful and very fitting for the sanctuary it is for your family.