A run down the beach invigorates the body and brings joy to the spirit:
And still, I can't get my mind off of:
I can't help but wonder what my life would be life if she was still alive. I would no doubt be posting pictures of her instead of her name in the sand...giving updates of her smiles and laughs.
And my life is like the weather at the beach:
Am I going to be sunny?...
...or stormy?
...OR, perhaps I cannot decide, so I will just give you a rainbow:
But, there are others...the ones who are alive. And I hold them tight everyday. They get all the hugs that are for them, and also the ones that I have for Elsa.
...and they can write their own names in the sand.
LOVE the self timer family portrait:
LOVE this guy:
...and these guys

Still I look at this scene:
...and I think of three things at the same time
1- I wish none of this had happened.
Gandalf: So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to
decide is what to do with the time that is given us. -The Fellowship of the Ring, J.R.R. Tolkien
2- Life is eternal, and love is immortal; and death is only a horizon, and a horizon is nothing save the
limit of our sight. - Rossiter Worthington Raymond
3- End? No, the journey doesn't end here. Death is just another path, one that we all must take.
The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass, and then you see it.
Pippin: What? Gandalf? See what?
Gandalf: White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise.
Pippin: Well, that isn't so bad.
Gandalf: No, no it isn't.
-The Return of the King, J.R.R. Tolkien
















8 comments:
I loved the quotes. Love and regards to you, Brent, and the kids. Still praying for you.
That quote from Gandalf has gotten me through some pretty rough patches...I love it. Glad you guys had such a gorgeous day at the beach! I'm jealous!
Those photos are...leaving me speechless. You have a gift. Thanks for sharing those beautiful quotes. Tolkien definitely had a gift too.
What a beautiful post! Your pictures are amazing. I have no doubt that little Elsa is so near to your family. I love the quotes! We are huge LOTR fans!
I somehow missed before....Hole-y tooth Joshy!! What does he think of having missing teeth? I lost all four of my front teeth in kindergarten. I was pretty goofy looking for awhile. :)
Ha! We've been going through missing teeth for several years now with the same kid...wait and see! I guess Joshua is used to it.
I know...he looks...well, goofy! And I love it! But we know braces are in his future...our dentist has referred us to an Orthodontist twice, but I am too chicken to take Joshua there just yet. He needs more maturity before he can deal with hardware in his face!
And thanks all for the compliments on my pictures all!
Beautiful.
Really beautiful Kate. Thinking of you, your boys, and sweet Elsa.