Harry n' Ron
11/01/2009 | Author: jefferies
We had a great Halloween this year...
enough of the pictures ma!  I'm going to the party!

Joshua and Toby were so excited to be Harry Potter and Ron Weasley this year.  We have been reading Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone together, and they have just started to enjoy the movies.  It was so great to watch them get into character.  They were SO into it.  So much so that our playhouse out back has become Hagrid's hut and our little forest area is the Forbidden Forest.  They have learned a great arsinol of spells, with the favorite being expecto patronum!...to ward off the dementors.  And they are having a great time being the best of friends: loyal, brave and true...in true Gryffindor form. 

I hope they had a fun year.  We had a few parties to attend, we had pumpkin and witch hat-shaped pancakes, we had witches brew, a strobe light thriller dance party, and lots of games and candy.  I decided to have a party on Halloween night, so as to keep the kids from Trick or treating too long and getting too much candy.  Getting ready for this party was just the thing I needed to get me in the Halloween spirit.  I'm afraid that I only put up the Halloween decorations a few days before the party.  But I am glad that I had the chance to make it magical for the boys. 

Harry n' Ron's party:


witches brew

 
dough nut eating game (more hygienic than bobbing for apples, albeit slightly less nutritions.)


so fun to see ALL the boys getting in on the action



 
Brent got decked out and gave the kids a good Hallow-scare!

This entry was posted on 11/01/2009 and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

5 comments:

On November 1, 2009 at 4:21 PM , Tara said...

The pictures are too cute! Thanks for inviting us to your awesome party. My kids loved the donut game, but especially the strobe light dancing. Thanks for being such fun friends!!

 
On November 1, 2009 at 5:02 PM , Jessica Sant said...

Looks like a great party. I love the costumes. I hoipe I can be a cool mom like you when my kid gets older.

 
On November 2, 2009 at 7:56 AM , Windybrook Spinner said...

Did you dye Tobi's hair? I love their costumes and what a great party.

 
On November 3, 2009 at 8:51 AM , Rylie said...

What great costumes!!

 
On November 5, 2009 at 4:21 PM , luann said...

Looks awesome! Such perfect costumes, too!

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...