3 months
11/16/2009 | Author: jefferies
Today I woke up fighting a cold.  Thankfully it was not a busy day, and I was able to get a bit of rest.  I spent all morning in a restful, prayerful, meditative state...thinking about Elsa and what she is up to; thinking about how close she is to me.  Feeling thankful that I can still have a connection to her and feel her spirit.  Feeling sweet reassurance that everything will work out for our little family, in the end.  Trust, patience, peace.  Sometime in the middle of the morning, I realized what day it is!  Oh yes, it has been three months since Elsa was born.  I am grateful that somehow everything worked out so that today I could be at home, relatively alone, and able to think about these things.

      3 Months
  Toby's 3 month pictures for Elsa...I can almost image her growing up, smiling up a storm and rolling all over the floor; looking a little bit like a potato and growing like a weed.

I was privledged to spend the afternoon writing letters to my state's legislative representatives in support of the midwifery laws in the GREAT state of Oregon.  I am grateful for the consumer choices that we have for childbirth here, and I am thankful for the INCREDIBLE midwife team that I am privledged to be able to see at Andaluz Waterbirth Center.  I know that Elsa would've left us regardless of whether she was born in a hospital or at home.  My midwives are still supporting me on my journey...answering my emails and calls, providing me with helpful advice.  I am sure that I won't totally be able to decide how I will birth my next child until the time comes.  Logically, I know that I would be fine having another home birth.  Emotionally, I do not know how I will feel when the time comes.  But I am glad that I have the choice available to me to birth how I will choose.

To my sweet spirit daughter: I miss you. 
This entry was posted on 11/16/2009 and is filed under , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

On November 17, 2009 at 7:50 AM , Tara said...

I was thinking of you and baby Elsa all day yesterday. We were all really sick, so I didn't get around to sending you the e-mail I had planned on. But I just want you to know that as you're grieving or thinking about Elsa, I am too. Not in the same way, but every time I look at Bennett I'm reminded. I'm still praying for you on your journey, and I'm glad that we've been able to share all of the experience that we did over this last year.

 
On November 17, 2009 at 8:01 AM , Rachel said...

Sending you and your family many birthday wishes today. Love you guys.

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...