1- To all of my angel-mama friends (you all know who you are)...thanks for boosting me at times and helping me through this. It is way harder than I ever could have imagined. I am sorry that I couldn't be there for you when you lost your little ones the way you have been for me...I just didn't get it.
2- To Tara and Katie (my two friends who were pregnant with me)-thanks for listening to the particulars of my journey in a neutral and supportive way. It has been so healing. Oh...and thanks for not flaunting your babies :-) and thanks for sharing them with me. You guys have been the best friends. Thanks for inviting me over, knowing full well that I might not be very fun.
3- To my mom and sisters and all my wonderful in-laws...thanks for calling/emailing/facebooking and checking in on me. I know how much you guys care, and I love you.
4- To my living kiddos-what dear boys! Thank you for loving me through this and giving me hugs and jumping to my comfort when you see me crying. Thank you for missing Elsa too, and for talking about her and including her in your lives. Thank you for your sweet prayers. Thank you for playing hallway soccer and other endless games with me.
5- To my body-thank you for being so healthy. Thank you for being good at growing and birthing babies.
6- to Lindsay Brin and your Core Metabolizm Jumpstart workout video-thank you for kicking my butt with your engaging workout. Thank you for helping that belly go flat again and for melting off (almost all!) the rest of the pregnancy fat quickly. I needed quick results and running just wasn't doing it quickly for me anymore after 3 babies and now that I'm in my 30's.
7- To Cheryl- thanks for your fun parenting class on Sunday nights and helping me to go two whole hours each Sunday without thinking about Elsa (not that I want to forget her, but it feels healthy to laugh and be happy and focus on my boys too).
8- To my midwives- Jesica, Jennifer, Joy and also Sarah- thanks for both the past and the inevitable future full of a worried mama's questions and visits. You are as smart as whips and have great caring and sensitivity. You ladies are like kindred spirits. Love you.
L: midwife Jesica at the Andaluz potluck...just a couple of weeks after Elsa and before the arrival of her sweet baby
R: midwife Sarah in Utah with our little boy Toby at 2 weeks (she also caught Joshua)
9- To my sewing maching- I am finding renewed interest in you.
10- To Bella Swan- I know what the hole feels like in your chest. Mine will be filled someday too.
11- To my house and bed and all your lovely coziness.
12- To Brent and his go-to book of adventures. You're helping me enjoy life and stay un-depressed. Plus you're a really good cook, a good listener, and a ton of fun! Thanks for listening to my perspective and trying to understand. Thanks for being such a good daddio to the kids and a good friend to me. Thanks for remembering Elsa too. Together our love story will be epic!
13- To my faithful friends near and far-I treasure you.
14- To God- for always sending peace when I need it. And also for ansering my prayers. I guess I could say thanks for the journey.
15- To the feeling of anticipation- you are exciting and fun like a child on Christmas morning...and now I will have you for the rest of my life until I get to see Elsa again.
16- To sleep- oh how I LOVE you.
17- To music- you make me dance, you make me weep, you help me feel.
18- To Elsa- thanks for coming to my life. Thanks for helping me to be spiritual. Thanks for being my daughter. Thanks for staying nearby and watching over us. Thanks for your love. I will always love you.
19- To my kiddo(s) yet to come- HURRY UP! It's going to be a party! Love you!









3 comments:
Okay, I know that I have told you that you are a fabulous Photographer, and writer, and friend. But can you hear those things too much.
Thanks for your wonderfulness, and sharing it with us.
Love and thanks!!
Lovely list, beautiful heart, wonderful life. I hear you.
You are inspirational it's a gift you have Kate.