Toby's Kung Fu souvenir outfit and Chinese fan from China town. We got a really great deal on them...but unfortunately the quality was dismal at best. He wouldn't take them off for two days and a bunch of the seams ripped. Now they are added to my pile of clothes that need mending.
I'm adding some more pictures of my new haircut because some friends on facebook asked for pictures and I never posted them. Just so you know, I am not ignoring your requests friends. I just do facebook from my mobile device and I can't add pictures from there. Anyway, I was kind of in shock over this haircut at first just because it was so different than I'm used to. You can't really tell from the pictures, but a ton of hair was thinned out...and add that to my already post-baby thinned hair and I kinda felt like I had nothing left afterward. At least compared what I am used to. But after a few days I really love it! It's nice not to have all that hair in the way (I've always had a lot of hair). And it's a change that I was looking for!
Last of note, is that my old lamp finally bit the dust. The reason this is noteworthy is because lamp and I have been through so much together. Lamp has been with me since I was 9 or 10! My mom bought lamp at a sleazy motel that was updating their furniture. We painted lamp PEACH to match the color of my newly decorated peach and teal bedroom {80's...sigh!}. Then when I was in college I painted lamp again. I did a starry sky paint job, with a cobalt blue speckled with light blue paint splatters. I thought it was super cool. After we got married, Brent knocked lamp down and lamp cracked. We had no money so we glued lamp back together. But lamp was never the same. After that lamp always had a crack and a hole where we couldn't quite piece lamp back together correctly. But lamp still worked great! After Brent finished school and we moved to Oregon, we finally had money to decorate our room. We bought bedroom furniture, a quilt, but we didn't need to replace lamp. I just covered lamp with a few coats of silver spray paint and bought a new lamp shade. The old one was ghetto. So very ghetto! Anyway...it was only about 2 years later that Toby bumped lamp off my nightstand twice in one month. Now lamp was broken. But I put lamp back and still used lamp. Then one fateful day I bumped lamp to lamp's utter destruction. Sorry lamp.
And I'm sorry to you if you just read this whole post.
What was I thinking?









3 comments:
I loved your post! I'm glad you wrote about your lamp - things like that must be documented. What a great bunch of posts. I love those Harry Potter legos - I want them for myself! Do you kids leave them intact? My kids build stuff then take it apart and it's never the same again.
love you girl!
Love love love your hair.