a celebration of life
5/30/2011 | Author: jefferies
Some of our Easter Celebrations:

Dying eggs & egg hunt with friends:
 The wonderful Mansius family and their lovely new home...






















 This was Oliver's first official time sitting in the grass.  He LOVED it!  
I think he's going to be an outdoor baby.


 Elsa's Easter Egg
{made by cutting contact paper and then dying}
 Here's to LIFE!

Easter Sunday:
We woke up to find our empty tomb cookies {we made the night before} were indeed, empty!  But they did not taste very good and were overly sugary in my opinion.  It was a GREAT spiritual activity to do with the kids though.  Maybe I'll try to find a new recipe that calls for less sugar.  Or maybe it wouldn't turn out right with less sugar.  Hmm...
 empty tomb cookies

 Ollie loves the super saucer
 Then we have a Easter hunt in our backyard.  Kind of soggy this year.
I have debated moving this activity to Saturday, like I know a lot of my friends do...to have the bunny stuff on Saturday and the spiritual stuff on Sunday.  But I decided against it.  My kids know there is no Easter Bunny.  They know it is us who buys and hides the goods.  I figure it is just a fun way to celebrate a VERY special day!
 I usually hide the treats in pretty easy spots, but the guys are so grown up now that they found them too easily.  Next year, It'll have to be more challenging!




 A tradition that we have in our family is to hide a favorite box of breakfast cereal with the Easter goods.  Breakfast cereal is a luxury at our house.  So it's a real treat to have your own special box!
 Some of the prizes found this year...yummy see's candy chocolate bunnies and finger puppets.  I have a thing for bunnies.  I <3 them.  And "bunny" has always been the pet name that I call my kids.  They're my little bunnies.

 After church: diggin' in to the GOODS!
 YUM!

 LOVE those eyes!  And those cheeks!
 Ollie officially reached the age where he wants to eat whatever everyone else is eating.  But he will be satisfied simply by eating something, even if it's not what everyone else is eating.  So he got to sit in his high chair and feed himself some toddler puffs...a first for him {and probably a last :-)}

 Ollie: I want to show you my double chin!

I threw together some Easter outfits for the boys with hand me downs, stuff that we had and a few items I bought at the Deseret Industries.  
Here are some pictures of my four precious gifts:


 3 on earth, 1 in Heaven


 I couldn't resist just a few pictures in Ollie's bunny pants!
What a super cutie Gerber baby face!

What a nice Easter!  Oliver Silas-baby is such a bright spot in my life.  He is helping my heart to heal a lot!  He is certainly helping everyone in our family to heal and feel joy again.
And the even brighter spot in my soul is the love from Jesus.  That he was willing to go through with the atonement and crucifixion so that I can feel joy and peace again.  And so that I can have the gleaming, luminous, dazzling hope of having my daughter Elsa again in the flesh.
This entry was posted on 5/30/2011 and is filed under , , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

On May 30, 2011 at 6:48 PM , Tara said...

Thanks for spending Easter with us, it was great. And that super close up of Bennett is crackin me up!! He looks obese. So funny.

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...