Anyway, I had all these great blogging schemes to commemorate Joshua's birthday, but I got so busy and so behind on blogging that it's slipped by the wayside. But we did celebrate his birthday. It is an odd number birthday for him, so that means no friend party. I just can't pull that off every year...too.much.work! But we did get to go to Disneyland the week before his birthday. And we had a couple little celebrations. We got home a couple days before his birthday and I had neglected to buy him any gifts. SO I took him to Target and let him pick something out. He walked through the aisles several times. Looking everything over again and again. He was surprised that he could pick anything he wanted (!)...within reason. I would've vetoed something dumb or expensive...and he wouldn't have picked it anyway. He's a very practical thoughtful and unspoiled boy. He knows that our money equals mine and Brent's life energy. The cute thing was that he kept saying over and over as he walk the aisles "I feel so spoiled, I just feel SO spoiled!" He picked out the lego Harry Potter Weasley Burrow House. And when he wasn't looking I snuck the Harry Potter lego game into the cart too.
The big brothers had lots of fun building the lego set and the lego game...and playing with them
I LOVE the way Toby is looking at his brother in this picture...such adoration! Even though they don't always get along and they're not perfect, they really love each other. They're good brothers.
flourless chocolate cake with strawberry reduction sauce, followed by presents (the lego sets)
The candles on the cake are 7 + 1 + 1 = 9
| Toby and I printed and colored that birthday banner for Joshua while he was gone |
on Joshua's actual birthday we had some friends over for dinner. Here are the men with the babies!
We also celebrated with Joshua's aunties, my sisters later.
We obviously are so grateful for Joshua. He is a great oldest kid. He is so forgiving with all of our parenting mistakes and mishaps. He is an excellent example and friend to his younger siblings, and to us as well. Thank the heavens for this sweet boy!









0 comments: