during the month of March we scrambled a bit to help Joshua finish his requirements for his wolf scout achievement before he turned 9.
We picked up trash at a park:
pretty sky
a fresh new spring
Joshua build a little birdhouse in his soul:
This boy can use a hammer! I help him hold the nails a little bit.
I knew that Toby would want in on the action so I picked up a little birdhouse kit that you glue together from the craft store. And I was right! {Wants to do whatever Joshua's doing, usually.} Except he wanted to use a hammer and nails too. :-( I told him he'd have to wait a few more years til he's a wolf scout too.
Then Joshua was awarded his wolf, 1 gold arrow, 3 silver arrows and the Leave No Trace Award:
Joshua loves scouts
{I'm the bear den leader}
Joshua had a musical performance with the 3rd grade, which we all enjoyed:
watching the show
ice cream afterward, of course
Joshua dressed up for "nerd day" at school {?}:
I didn't have nerdy clothes, so I just pulled suspenders out of the costume box and slicked his hair to the sides. How do you even dress like a nerd these days? Everyone's a nerd inside.
Anyway, I just can't get over how different Joshy looks with his forehead showing!! He has pretty much had the same hairstyle since he grew hair. It started out because his huge cheeks were larger than his head...so the hair helped bring balance to his face. But ever since he had an opinion, he would not let me cut it. I think he has a cute forehead, don't you?
Then in April Joshua built a ROCKIN' pinewood derby car, which unexpectedly took 2ND PLACE at our tri-ward pack pinewood derby. Joshy was so modest about it, but we were all unexpectedly surprised. I didn't even bring my camera to the pinewood derby because I thought Joshua's car would be mediocre and it would be no big deal...just a fun party. Well, I was wrong! It's fun when cool stuff unexpectedly happens...like how I won two prizes from company pages on Facebook in the past month! It's a nice boost to the morale.
Fire Nation Racer, Prince Zuko









1 comments:
Yay for Zuko and Avatar! We love that show too. Ollie is so cute in those pictures at Josh's music program. Thanks for blogging. I so enjoy hearing how you are doing and what you are up to. Happy Mother's Day!