We've got:
CANNING
I LOVE pears...sweet juicy pears
Tara and I did pears today and peaches yesterday
I can't take credit for the Himalayan Blackberry jam. Brent made that! Go Brent! He spent the whole summer picking wild blackberries, stockpiling them in the freezer, and then used some of them to make jam. Canning is such a lovely hobby. So yummy and pretty.
Next week I'm going to use the tomatoes from my garden to make and can salsa.
PIANO
I found the music on the internet for "Bella's Lullaby" from Twilight the movie. For some reason, I really wanted to listed to this song while I was in labor. It turns out that this music has become "Elsa's Lullaby." This song was written to portray a "tormented love," the kind of love that you want so badly but can't have. Practicing this song has been very satisfying and therapeutic.
READING
I've been reading lots of books about grieving and loosing a baby. I've been reading lots of blogs of other baby-lost mamas. That has been very helpful. But I've been waiting for the sequel of "Hunger Games" all year, so I decided to pick up "Catching Fire." Wow. This really distracted me. It also had me deluding reality a little...thinking that the evil capitol somehow was involved in the death of my baby. I left reality for a few days and it was fun, but it was a good thing to be finished since the intense story was bringing back anxiety and headaches that I had in the few weeks after Elsa's death.
SEWING
OK...so I've had this sewing pattern for about...14 years (that would explain the lovely '90's color palette). I decided that I'm finally going to make it. I am excited to shop for some really fun, funky fabrics that match the colors in my house. I am glad that I didn't attempt making it 14 years ago with those colors! I also need to get started on Halloween costumes for the boys...I'm thinking a Harry Potter theme this year...we'll see.
DON'T FORGET
Lots of lovely dinners and chats and time with friends and family. So fun! Thank you for being there for me. It has been so helpful.










7 comments:
Good to see you are keeping yourself busy! You are an example to me.
I am so glad you have been able to keep busy. It really is the best thing. I love that you went out and bought a piano. You deserved it and I think that is awesome! I am still praying for you.
I am jealous about all that canning, beautiful pears and peaches, and way to go Brent on that jam! Very nice. With all your reading, have you heard of a book called "Gone Too Soon," or something like it? Nick has a sister that had a stillborn, and it was a long road for her recovery, and she loved reading that book.
Your distractions look delicious! :-)
Way to stay busy. I just canned all me peaches and most of my pears too! I agree I love the beautiful jars aligning the shelves. I have a great recipee for pressure canning beans if you want it they are to die for and really EASY!! let me know! I love the quilt it will be really nice! Wish Rob would just up and bottle jam he helps but that is awesome!
Wow! Very impressive!
The canning is beautiful.
: )
Thanks for canning with me! I'm so glad to have a friend who is willing to do these kinds of things together. You're the best!