i. must... blog.
6/16/2010 | Author: jefferies
I am SO behind on blogging. It's hard to even think about doing it. Plus I'm feeling very private right now. This is a time full of anxiety and complicated emotions. And I'm getting very awkward in my pregnant state, so the pictures...well...I will post some anyway. For posterity.

So here's to catching up:

First, the Jog-A-Thon! It was a large success. It was one of Joshua's favorite events of the year.
This is Joshua's 2nd grade class. His cute teacher in the front, Mrs. Nelson was a long-term substitute for the original teacher who had a baby half way through the year. Mrs. Nelson did a GREAT job!
Joshua's in the middle in the back.

RAINY, RAINY Day
Joshua jogged 5 laps in 30 minutes. That's just over 2 miles! Good job!


Cub Scout Pack Meeting:
(I hope Jennifer doesn't mind me borrowing her pictures...mine didn't turn out)
Joshua's first pack meeting: he received his bobkitty award and here he is pinning a pin on me.
The new comers were initiated with face paint
The three new bobcats...I think they're going to have a great time together!
Joshua is SO into scouting...he is LOVING it! I am enjoying being the bear den assistant. It is my first ever experience with any kind of cub/boy scouting.

29 weeks & still working out:
(It's been three weeks since then and my belly has doubled in size)

Willamette Shoreline Trolley:
This is an old restored trolley along the river and Brent has been wanting to ride it for 3 years!
(And the end of the line in Portland is at the very FIRST Old Spaghetti Factory Restaurant.)
The verdict:
Very beautiful ride up the river...but don't go if you strongly dislike the smell of diesel fumes and if a bumpy ride will make you uncomfortable or queasy (in addition to the diesel fumes, of course).

Chicken-Sitting:
What an absurd little story. A family at our church has a lot of chickens. They thought this silly little chicken had messy hair like our (Joshua's) friend Parker. So they let Parker name the chicken (he named it Parker), and take it home for a week. But Parker's family was heading out of town and could not return the chicken before they left, so they asked us to chicken-sit and return the bird. And the boys LOVED it. They became besties with this little chicken.

(That's Toby's 'fake' smile)
Good times!


Piano Recital:
Joshua did great at his second piano recital. He played "Au Claire Du La Lune", and "When The Saints Go Marching In". He's really taking to it and loving it. (It is so nice to find some activities that your kids LOVE, no?). A couple of Sundays ago he asked me if he could practice the piano. When I said yes, he asked me if he could practice ALL day?!?



The Last Day of School:
Another silly story.  Today (June 16th) was supposed to be the last day of school.  I know, it's rather late.  But it's ok because we start later in the fall (September 8th), and we have a week and a half for Spring Break.  The weather is usually nicer here in the fall.  Anyway, because of budget cuts school was let out last Friday instead.  That's alright by me (and Toby)!  We are happy to have Joshy around again...he has been volunteering to do the dishes every day since school got out, and he's just such a nice boy!  I'm just nervous about school starting again in the fall.  Toby will be starting Kindergarten (gulp!).  I don't think I'm ready to let go of that little guy!
  Joshua with his two favorite helpers

Joshua's class and his friend Parker.

Hello Summer!!
(and unseasonably cool weather and more rain.  Blech!)
But at least I can sleep in.
This entry was posted on 6/16/2010 and is filed under , , , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...