How is it that we've lived in the Portland area for almost 5 years and still haven't been to every botanical garden or park in the area? Well we had another day or two off for spring break (since we had over two weeks total!), so we had the chance to fit in a couple of new adventures. They were cold and rainy adventures...but adventures, nonetheless.
taking a little amble along the swollen Johnson Creek
the bridge was out since the water was so high...we'll have to come finish this walk another time
THANKFULLY they warned us...these guys can get your shoes rather sticky
even though the weather felt like winter, the spring flowers were out in abundance. Here we have the lovely Camilla.
Hellbore...ugly name, but one of my favorite shade-lovely flowers (I meant to write shade-loving, but I guess they are shade-lovely too)...and one of the only actual flowers I've ever seen that comes in a shade of green.
Ollie, smiling with his eyes again
and last of all, the lovely Trillium...which was almost Elsa's middle name.
I like nature names. Trillium, Camilla, Salal, Azalea...hmm, I wonder which of these names are on our baby short list? Definitely NOT Hellbore.









1 comments:
Hellebore (pronounced "hell-eh-bore") does come in other colors...there's a really pretty purple variety. But yeah, still not the greatest middle name. :)