10 reasons I LOVE cloth diapering
12/05/2010 | Author: jefferies
10. They're so cute and colorful!  They're not our granny's cloth diapers.
thanks Eco Baby Buys

9. Less waste, a LOT less
8. No harsh chemicals on my baby's skin (seriously, have you smelled those 'sposies?)
7. Green. When I think about the energy that goes into manufacturing and transporting of each disposable diaper, it makes my head spin.
6. Laundry just happens to be my favorite household task.
5. The fabric is SO soft on my baby's skin.
4. No more emergency diaper runs (at 11:50 on Saturday night).
3. Saves so much money (in the long run).  Not just on diapers, but on the cute outfit the next aisle over and the dvd's on sale for $5 at the checkout.  Not to mention the gas to get to the store.
2. I can use them over and over each time I have a new baby.
1. Cloth diapers make me that much more self reliant.  If a disaster happened and I couldn't get out to get to the store, I will not run out of diapers.

But seriously.  ME, cloth diaper?  When Joshua was a baby a friend asked me if I cloth diapered.  She assumed that since I had unmedicated childbirth that I was a total hippie mama who would cloth diaper.  Those two things were not related in my head.  I never considered cloth diapering and I never would have.  But the idea got in my head.  And it stuck.

Then after Toby was born, our car died and we used our life savings to buy a new one.  And since Brent was in school and only worked one day a week, we had no money.  So my grandma gave us some money to help us get through that rough semester.  It was just enough money to buy a stash of Fuzzi Bunz diapers.  Joy!

I was actually impressed by how easy cloth diapering was.  And so relieved that my garbage can was no longer over flowing every day.  If you've wondered about trying it, I would say go ahead and buy one or two dipes and try them.  If you don't like them they're easy to resell, or you can keep them as emergency backup.  If you like them...well then you will be able to write your own top ten list.
This entry was posted on 12/05/2010 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

On December 5, 2010 at 12:36 PM , Jessica Sant said...

Hey lady, I saw Fuzzibunz on sale at zulily, so I thought i'd pass the link along: http://www.zulily.com/fuzzibunz120110.html $11.99 each

Enjoy!

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...