the first thanksgiving
12/05/2010 | Author: jefferies
Joshua insisted that we watch the story of the first Thanksgiving.  And Ollie had his first Thanksgiving.  And I had my first Thanksgiving of my new life.  A life in which I feel a hundredfold more grateful for everything with which I am blessed.  A life in which I am learning to become a new me.  The me that has collapsed into ashes and is rising again, even better than before.

We had a happy Thanksgiving week.  We spent a lot of time with my family.  My mom, my younger sister and her boyfriend flew into Portland to hang out with us and my two older sisters who live in Portland...and their families.
Some stuff we did:
Chinese Garden:
love, love, love the stonework in the garden


Toby and Grandma

it was cold, cold, cold, cold, cold.  Record cold.

The Flash will save us all!

Oregon Museum of Science and Industry:



 We had lots of fun with this crazy exhibit:

 Brent?

 Joshua

 Oh that's just silly...I've never sat around with my family laughing for so long


 That one on the left was a little difficult to deliver.

 Toby

 Auntie Heather


 Grandma
Movies:
 I dressed Ollie in his Christmas outfit...which also (unknowingly) happened to be the day of the BYU, University of Utah game.  I guess Ollie was their good luck baby, eh?
But the adults went to see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, part 1 (which I LOVED!), and Uncle Nate took the kids to see Megamind.  (Thanks Uncle Nate!)  I ended up taking Ollie with me and he did just fine.  He never made a peep (hard to do that when you're eating :-).  



Multnomah Falls:


Carlos and Heather


 It gets dark really early around here these days...so I did my best dusk photography 
(without the flash, because the flash lit up every water droplet in the air).


Hanging out:
 



 We opened some Christmas gifts...since we won't all be together at Christmas time
                                                                                   (Heather and Carlos are going to Cancun to meet his family!)

OH JOY!  Toby got his Rex.




 Joshua LOVES books!


Nice!

 Carlos' hat and Heather's shirt


Someone likes the exersaucer SO much, he took a nap there!



It was a great time!
This entry was posted on 12/05/2010 and is filed under , , , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

3 comments:

On December 8, 2010 at 11:45 AM , Margaret said...

That baby Ollie of yours is absolutely adorable! It's fun to see your family! I've loved reading your blog every now and then!
love you!
Dickens

 
On December 21, 2010 at 10:48 PM , Emily said...

Oh man, that is one cute baby you've got there! Can't wait to see him and squish his cheeks and watch he and Sadie jibber jabber to each other. I'm bummed we missed going to the Chinese Garden and to OMSI. Oh well, next time, right!

 
On December 26, 2010 at 3:46 AM , Brad Fallon said...

Love your pictures! It's fun to see a happy family like yours... Merry Christmas!

Brad Fallon

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...