i need a girl
1/02/2011 | Author: jefferies
I know I need to stop talking about this subject.  For one thing it only makes me sad.  And it seems to make people around me feel awkward.  Also I am happy that I have earthly boys.  I need to be grateful for what I have.  I have three wonderful boys and one beautiful daughter whom I get to raise later.  My kids are great and I don't care if they are girls or boys.  They just ARE.  And I love them.

But this post is funny.  It is a taste of some comic relief around here.

I have this outfit that my friend from France gave me.  It was a baby gift for Toby.  But when I opened it, I thought she had mistaken the gender of my baby.  Either that, or they dress their baby boys in a more feminine fashion over there.  But the outfit was ADORABLE, so I put it in with my baby stuff thinking that I would use it later when I had a girl.  {SothenIgotpregnantandfoundoutIwashavingagirlandIwassoexcitedtousetheoutfit,
butthenshediedandIhadtoputitawayagain}.
Then I found out Ollie was going to be a boy.  As my midwife and I were discussing the baby's gender, I told my midwife about the French outfit.  She told me that I should go ahead and use it.

So I tried it:


  What do you think?
(SO cute, huh?)

But then Toby saw Ollie in the outfit and this is what he said:

"There is NO way in OREGON that I want to see a BOY dressed in GIRL clothes!!  
NO thank you!"  
  
I guess the outfit goes back into storage.  {Le sigh!}     

So I have a little request to ask of my friends.  Since it will be too late to determine the gender of my baby AFTER I get pregnant, can you please say an earnest prayer for my future baby now?  I think I need another girl.

(And not just for the clothes).
This entry was posted on 1/02/2011 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

7 comments:

On January 2, 2011 at 8:23 PM , Katie Fox said...

you and me both sista!!!!

 
On January 2, 2011 at 9:42 PM , Rachel said...

Don't you dare feel like you shouldn't talk about Elsa! I know that she will never ever be far from your mind and heart. And I hope she sends her sister to you one of these years. That outfit is darling, but really, I kind of agree with Toby...

 
On January 2, 2011 at 9:53 PM , Tara said...

Prayers already prayed. Lots of times. And Ollie doesn't really pull off wearing girly clothes very well!! He just screams boy!! This outfits gonna have to go back in the stash!

 
On January 3, 2011 at 10:02 AM , Emily said...

Toby is such a hoot! I guess he's just looking out for his little brother so when Ollie grows up and gets married and someone is putting together one of those little photo slideshows then there aren't any photos of Ollie in that cute outfit in there. Oops! Too late, you already took pictures. Bwahh haa ha!

PS. Love you, lots of prayers for girls!

 
On January 3, 2011 at 2:11 PM , Ariana said...

Oui oui! Maybe he could be baby euro handsome... But yeah, the world needs more girls, and I think for sure you guys should get one. :)

 
On January 4, 2011 at 6:37 PM , My Voice Marshfield said...

Ha ha--i think you and Brent need to plan a getaway to Europe while your little guy is still small enough to tote along easily . . . Nice is nice
: ) LLL

 
On January 5, 2011 at 10:33 PM , Craig and Crystal said...

You need a girl, I need a boy... I for one am not sick of hearing you say that, because you know I feel the same way (but opposite) You talk about it as much as you want!

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...