Because of Him...
1/10/2011 | Author: jefferies
...Merry Christmas
I KNOW she will rise again.  Exactly the way I saw her last, but with movement and color and breath.
And that is because.of.HIM.
And THAT is the only gift I need for Christmas.

I picked up that baby sized evergreen wreath in Oregon, that land of her birth...and drove it to Utah just for her.  It is the perfect reminder that life is eternal and love is immortal.

As we were driving to the graveyard, we were listening to the Christmas gift we received from Brent's parents: The Mormon Tabernacle Choir 100 years.
(very excellent album, by the way)
And we were trying to find Christmas songs to play since it was Christmas Day and we neglected to bring any other Christmas music with us on our trip.  It was by no chance that as soon as we pulled into the graveyard the song "Amazing Grace" played.  Because of Him.
And as we left, the very next song "God be with you Till we Meet Again" was playing.
And I realized for the first time, that the song was being sung to me and not by me to someone else.  
Like as if, Elsa was praying for God to be with me to comfort and guide me till we meet again.
Such a beautiful way to spend Christmas.

And to answer back to my last Elsa-related post:
Yes!  I will NEVER stop talking about her.  NEVER!  Thanks for the assurance.
What I do want to stop dwelling on is the issue that I'm so sad because I don't have a girl to raise on the earth right now.  I hope I get one...but if I do (and I have hope, faith and pray that I do), it is going to take some time.
And I need patience.
And I need to stop thinking about it so much, and kind of Enjoy the Journey more.

And thinking about and loving Elsa is part of the journey.
This entry was posted on 1/10/2011 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...