introducing...
3/21/2012 | Author: kate
Jefferies baby #5:



Brent has affectionately nicknamed this baby "Baby Bones" because its bones looked so amazing on the ultrasound!  We had our ultrasound on February 14th, while the boys were at school...and we followed that up with a lunch date!  This baby was so adorable and really putting on a show for us: waving, sticking tongue out, sucking thumb, and yawning!

We had decided not to find out the gender of the baby at the ultrasound for lots of reasons...
although we have a pretty good idea of the gender, as the ultrasound technician dropped a few accidental hints...and we may or may not have found out ;).  Still, we're thinking it will be fun to keep everything under wraps until the baby arrives!  I've been trying so hard this whole pregnancy to be focused on the baby as a person, and not as a gender.  I'm still working on that.  It's terribly difficult when you have three boys and your only girl is not with you...to stay focused on the things that really matter: that God is no respecter of persons, male or female...Acts 10:34, 2 Nephi 26:33.  I felt God telling me this after I found out Oliver was a boy and I was very surprised about that (to say the least).  And I received this message again during this pregnancy from The very intelligent Women in the Scriptures Lady.  So it must be something that God really wants me to think about.  I know that God needs girls and boys on this earth, but He loves each of them unconditionally and he needs me to also.  I've been doing a lot of deep pondering and spiritual searching this pregnancy, which a lot of it has been very personal, which is why I have been so quiet.

So just for fun, take a look at that ultrasound picture and tell me what your guess is...is Baby Bones a girl or a boy?  Not that it matters... :-)  We love this baby so much either way!
But if I've mentioned anything to any of you ;) out there, please don't spill the beans!
This entry was posted on 3/21/2012 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

3 comments:

On March 22, 2012 at 11:56 AM , Kris said...

I still can't get over how cute that thumb-sucking picture is!

 
On March 22, 2012 at 9:44 PM , SewSara said...

I cant tell but im happy that baby looks healthy and well. Im happy for you guys! Im excited to hear what the baby is!

 
On March 23, 2012 at 11:04 AM , Tara said...

I think it's gonna be a ..... Baby!!! Can't wait for these babies to get here. I'm already tired of the waiting. Plus maybe by that time it will at least not be snowing. I'm doubting that it will be warm and summer like, but maybe a little bit nicer.

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...