A Hobbity Halloween
2/10/2013 | Author: Kate
We got back from New York just a few short days before Halloween.  I had a plan to have all the Halloween costumes ready before we left for our trip...or at least have all the materials assembled so that I could quickly make them.  But since I have never been very good at juggling a billion things like packing, grocery shopping, cleaning, getting house ready for sitters, AND making costumes...you can guess that the least important thing didn't happen.  So I didn't get around to making the little boys' costumes and the adults' costumes (the adults were going to be trees and the little guys were going to be owls...riding on the trees).  But the big boys' costumes came together nicely, in a fast and furious kind of way.  Finished just about 10 minutes before their school costume carnival!  Whew!

But first:
10/25/12 - The day after we got back from NY and saw our precious children again!
 the big guys wearing their I ({heart} NY shirts that we got them in Chinatown.  Can you guess which boy does NOT like wearing a shirt with a heart on it?  Partent FAIL!
 And we were not up to the challenge of getting a picture with all the kids holding still, apparently.

 Joshua and Toby thoroughly enjoying their Magnolia Bakery cupcakes.

 Ollie too!

Mmmmm hmmmm...yum!


And now...on to the Hobbitses:
 Here we have Frodo Baggins and Samwise Gamgee with their hot out of the sewing room costumes.  Actually, it wasn't too hard.  I only had to sew one cloak (the other one was from our jedi costume), and the suspenders.  I bought the pins and THE RING off of amazon.  And I bought shirts, pants (which I cut off) and wigs at the Goodwill thrift store.  I know that Sam wig is a little gran-gran crazy!  It took me a few days to get it to relax.  
 Ollie photo bomb!

pretty Hobbity, right?  I made them wear actual shoes outside of the house.  

 I gave up on the idea of making a costume for Ollie and just decided to go with something we already had.  We thought this Leiderhosen grandma sent from Austria was ADORable!
On actual Halloween he wore a cute owl hat with it and looked like the Tootsie Pop owl.  I would like to post a picture, but the pictures are on my phone and I'm having a hard time figuring out how to get them on blogger with my new imac.  URGH. 

Here they are on Halloween, with the Sam wig looking better.  :)
Happy way late Halloween!


This entry was posted on 2/10/2013 and is filed under , , , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...