I have this {shh! healthy!} cookie recipe that I've been developing for years. It's as healthy as you can get for a cookie. Last year I took a plate of these cookies to a potluck event that my midwife puts on for her birth center clients every year. I put a sign next to the plate, describing what is in the cookies. When I came back at the end to get my plate, someone had written a note on the back of my sign raving about my cookies, and left an email address for me to send the recipe. At that point, I figured it was about time for me to share my recipe.
Peanut butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Set oven at 375
1/2 c peanut butter
1/2 c butter or coconut oil
Mix together and add:
1 1/4 c packed brown sugar
(Right now I'm subbing 1 cup of honey because I'm not eating refined sugar. They're good with honey, but not as sweet)
2 eggs
2 t vanilla
Mix til incorporated then keep mixing while you add:
1 3/4 c flour ( I use kamut flour when I have it, or whole wheat flour that I grind myself. I like it ground really fine. It is difficult to tell that it's while wheat...my kids love it!)
1 t baking soda
1/2 t salt (I use kosher salt)
2 1/2 c oatmeal
1 c chocolate chips
If I have raisins I throw them in too.
Drop on cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes.
They turn out so thick and chewy and delicious, and definitely satisfy my sweet craving, while filling me up with some great fiber.
I hope you'll like them as much as my family and I (and my potluck admirer do)!
Our Dancing Queen
2 weeks ago










0 comments: