Smarty
11/10/2008 | Author: jefferies
Who's the newest little smarty pants in the family??

It's Joshua, of course! He is loving first grade. His reading has taken off so quickly. He is now reading (for fun) one short chapter book per day (you know, those short ones with pictures on every 3rd page?). Today he read "The Magic School Bus Chapter Book Series and the Search for the Missing Bones," and then he wrote a neat little book report on it for his homework. He is doing such a great job and we are so proud of him! His teacher told us at our last meeting that she wants him to be tested for "TAG" (talented and gifted) in the spring.
Bragging off.
|
This entry was posted on 11/10/2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

4 comments:

On November 10, 2008 at 8:38 PM , Rachel said...

Hooray! I can't believe how much I love watching my son learn new things - it just tickles me to death. That's so great for you guys.

 
On November 10, 2008 at 11:12 PM , Rebecca and Nick said...

Way to go Josh! I hope you always love reading throughout your life. And I hope someday you are even a bigger smarty pants that your daddy. He is by far the smartest sibling in our family!

And little Tobe, you are super cute, and I am sure you will be a smarty pants someday too.

 
On November 13, 2008 at 12:39 PM , Windybrook Spinner said...

Awesome! I love how he is wearing his hat too. They really are so their own persons, aren't they? I need to remember that more. I keep accidentally nudging Little Peep to wear this or want that, instead of letting her do her own thing. At least I've realized it and can hopefully stop doing it.

 
On November 14, 2008 at 5:26 PM , Laurel said...

Yeah Joshy!!!!!! Tell him that I am happy for him :)

Love the hat too

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...