
After reading that the weather forecast for the coast last week was 60 degrees and sunny, we took Joshua out of school and ditched the foggy weather inland for a couple days of sunny January respite.

We stayed in a really nice condo in Seaside, thanks to our friends, we ate breakfast together at Pig N' Pancake, we built sandcastles, watched the sun glisten through the waves, we hiked in Ecola State Park, we got ice cream at the Tillamook Cheese Factory, we watched birds and sea lions, we hiked along the beach and through the "Goonies" cave at Oceanside, we walked barefoot and even splashed in the waves a little, and we watched a spectacular sunset. Best of all, we soaked in as much pure vitamin D as we could before we had to head back to winter. Ah...pure heaven.
Now for your final treat...sit back, relax and enjoy an Oregon sunset over the sea. You can make yourself believe that you are there.









8 comments:
Ooooh, looks like heaven! I am so very jealous. Glad you guys had a great time.
Looks like so much fun. I am glad you had fun
Well, if you can't make it to Hawaii, I'd take the Oregon coast any day. ;) Looks like fun! It's been nice in Vegas lately too, but today it happens to be rainy and cold. Which is probably a good thing for Las Vegas.
Hi Becky! We've got to start planning those trips to Oregon and Hawaii!
Kate - That sunset picture is SO beautiful and so real... I kept waiting for it to sink below the horizon. How do you put music on your blog site?
oh I so need a beach trip!!! I should have hid in your trunk...
I have got to stop reading your blog. Everytime I do I'm tempted to get into the car, drive to your house and move in with you.
That was awesome I so have spring fever here. I can't wait for spring and summer. I love the heat though. Thanks for sharing. For a moment I left the snow, freezing winter and enjoyed the sun.