...heatwave! 90 degrees at 11 pm! 107 forecast for tomorrow! No air conditioning! How is a woman supposed to get any nesting done...work in the yard, painting the baby's room, cleaning the FREAKING kitchen, putting away laundry? Nope, none of that can get done since I immediately break out in a sweat and need to get in the AC car or a cold shower or the wading pool in the backyard or just drive all the way out to the ocean. Sleep? Not really so easy to do right now. Too hot to blog even... I'm thinking ice in the bathtub right about now.
This entry was posted on 7/28/2009 and is filed under
pregnancy
,
summer
. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.
4 comments:
I am so sorry Kate! You could come down here. =) It was only 90 degrees for the high yesterday I believe. So weird.
I so feel your pain!! I slept on the couch last night in front of the portable AC unit and that kept it bearable. And now I had to cancel all my plans for today that were supposed to keep me cool (midwife appt, grocery shopping, mall) because Carter is throwing up! So instead we will be stuck in the house all day. Hope the puking doesn't transfer over to your house!
I say you take a getaway to a fun hotel someplace nearby. And crank the ac all night! I tell Nick that if our ac or power goes out anytime, that's where we will be!
That really is a dirty trick! I'm so sorry! I sure am enjoying all of your Alaska trip pictures and stories - what an opportunity! So beautiful! Just visualize that glacier and you'll feel cooler, I'm sure.