bear advancement
4/19/2012 | Author: kate
It seem like only yesterday that I was called to be the Bear Den Leader for our church's Cub Scout troop.  That was BEFORE Joshua was even a cub scout, before I had Oliver.  Now I'm going on my third year as the Bear Den leader, and I can say that I really enjoy it!  I think it's the best calling in the whole church.  It's so much fun working with 9 year old boys and seeing their enthusiasm for games and activities that we do.  It makes me feel glad that I can offer them something fun and educational to do once a week with their church peers.  My favorite thing about this past year was that Joshua was in the Bear Den with me.  It has been wonderful to spend that time with him every week.  So the year went too fast, Joshua finished his bear and then turned 10...and now he's in Webelos.  We both worked hard together to earn his Bear and several other awards, and it's been a rewarding year.

2/23/12



  I think the thing I enjoy the most about Joshua right now is that he is old enough to have and share such interesting thoughts, yet he is still young enough to be innocent and sweet and helpful.  
|
This entry was posted on 4/19/2012 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...