the big 34
4/16/2012 | Author: kate
I posted awhile back that it was my birthday...and finally I have uploaded the pictures from the celebratory events.  Brent had the weekend off so we could've gone to the coast and stayed in a yurt again like we did last year, but I was fancying the idea of sleeping in my own bed more a bit more.  So as is customary with my birthday (since I was quite young), we went out for breakfast.  At the Multnomah Lodge!
  Source: Wikepedia

It's just such a lovely, old lodge and ever since the very first time we drove through Oregon together I've wanted to eat breakfast there.  Brent and I had an anniversary dinner there a few years back, but our kids have never been...and they beg every time we drive past.  So we made a day of it, met my sisters' and their families, ate a scrumptious breakfast, and then hiked to the TOP of Multnomah Falls (which we've done once before, but a LONG time ago on our first trip to Oregon.  Toby was 18 months).  
 some pictures from brunch
in the gorgeous dining hall...oh my, I wish I captured the skylight looking up at the waterfall.  
The food was pretty good too!


My sisters and I + niece on the platform overlooking the top of the waterfall:
 after a 2 mile-ish hike up
 I have my 20 week baby belly

 and my little baby bear

and all my wonderful boys
what more could I possibly want? 
(Besides Elsa with us, which I'm sure she was).

NOW...for some more Instagram fun:






LOVE it!  I don't know what I ever did without Instagram.
{I had boringer pictures, that's for sure}

The next day was Sunday and it was my acutal, actual birthday, so Brent made a delicious stir fry for dinner, at my request...and he made some key lime cupcakes from a pinterest recipe, which I also requested.  He's seriously the best!  We had our friends over for happy birthday dessert:


 One year closer to eternity...oh yeah!  I LOVE that.

This entry was posted on 4/16/2012 and is filed under , , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

On April 17, 2012 at 8:54 AM , Windybrook Spinner said...

One year closer to eternity. Amen. Happy belated Birthday!

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...