a second birthday!
10/29/2012 | Author: jefferies
8/9/12

A couple of months back, Oliver turned 2!  And I'm finally going to try to get caught up.

I am not joking when I say that Oliver is a dreamboat of a toddler boy.  He is so smart and sweet and when he gets into something (like all toddlers will), he stops when we ask him to and will help clean up.  Ok we had a little rough patch with him for the first couple of months after Milo was born, but he's doing a lot better now.  He is still taking good naps even though he learned to climb out of his crib.  He still likes his pacifier, but will not melt down without it.  He is still not done teething, and when he is we will start phasing out the pacifier.  He still loves his blankets and kitty and other stuffed animals.  He loves all animals and cars and books.  He likes to color and pretend play.  I LOVE his sweet face and his voice (he talks a lot!).  He is our only kid so far with brown (brownish/olive green) eyes, so that is really special (Milo might have them too).       

I have a pretty strict policy about what kind of toys I give my kids now (no small pieces, minimal plastic, nothing crappy that will end up in the garbage in less than a week, nothing huge).  He got a stuffed mouse that you can dress and undress with zippers, buttons, hooks, etc.  He also got a stuffed peacock to help him remember how much he loved the "gock-gock" at our old house, a cloth quiet book that he loves to play with, and a woodland creature house from Melissa and Doug (which is my favorite!).  I saw that woodland creature house the Christmas after Elsa was born and thought "that is the kind of doll house I would have bought for Elsa," and that made me sad.  So when I was trying to think of gifts for Ollie I thought of it again, as we already have too many cars and plenty of books...and Ollie LOVES little animals and pretend play, so it is PERFECT!  He loves the little bunny and mouse in the house.  He puts them in their chairs and beds.  He also puts his cars and other toys in there.  

 It was a low-key kind of day.  Brent had to work, and we had already officially celebrated his birthday with cake and ice cream and party guests at Milo's baby blessing open house.  So Joshua made him waffles in the morning, and he ate them with fresh raspberry sauce, frozen blackberries and vanilla ice cream, with candles on top!
He did a great job blowing the candles out!

 A one month old Milo.
Oliver is such a babe!  Seriously!
This entry was posted on 10/29/2012 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...