We celebrated three years since Elsa's birth in Utah! We took a quick trip to Utah just to celebrate her birthday at her grave. No just kidding! But it felt like it. We were thinking about doing the trip so some of our family and friends could meet our new baby Milo, but I was really uncertain about wanting to do such a long trip with a 6 week old baby. I don't think I decided for certain if we would go or not until the night before. Because of that, all of our plans were last minute and it was not very well planned out and we didn't get to see as many people as we hoped, which is a bummer. But I was happy that we could have a birthday party on Elsa's grave this year. The whole celebration could not come close to comparing to our beautiful tea party that we had last year...but I'm cutting myself some slack since I just had a baby! Anyway, we spent almost the whole day in the car driving, and we arrived in Salt Lake City around dinner time. We stopped and ordered some take out, picked up some flowers and a cake and other birthday supplies at Dan's, and went and had a picnic at Elsa's grave. The sign at the graveyard says no picnics, but I'm going to go ahead and waive that rule for us when we've just arrived from out of town on our daughter's birthday. :)
We put up some streamers and I bought a beautiful GIRLY butterfly balloon (which I payed for and then accidentally left at the store...but went back and got it afterward, and tied it on the flowers).
I took so long taking pictures that the wick burned out on the cheap candle, before we could finish singing Happy Birthday. Brent said that Elsa blew it out! :)
6 week-old Milo
I did have a couple of easy little Elsa Day Celebration projects, which didn't exactly get finished on her birthday. But they were good for me. I will post about them separately. I didn't order and release butterflies this year, or do a service project...but like I said earlier, we're cutting me some slack since I just had a baby! ;)
We love and miss our Elsa dearly...but our family would only be a shadow of what we've become in the past 3 years. I have faith that all will be Well!









0 comments: