We gave Brent a CANOE for his birthday! (An Old Town Guide 147.) He has been dreaming of paddling the Willamette, Clackamas and Tualatin Rivers since we moved here. Our city is surrounded by RIVERS! So on Brent's big day, he re-organized the garage in the morning and then in the afternoon we paddled around Rock Island and up the Willamette Narrows.
The little boys happily helped with our raft paddles

Miraculously we were quiet enough to get close to this Blue Heron









3 comments:
How fun!!! I love canoes. They are my absolute favorite watercraft. So peaceful and quiet, nonpolluting, and good exercise. All those years we lived in MN with it's 12,000 lakes and we never owned a canoe! I could cry. haha (I did go on 2 canoe trips with a friend's family to the BWCA....pure awesome)
Love the canoe. That is so fun, and I bet everyone loved the chocolate cake too!
Brent looks very happy and content in his new canoe.