It's time to finish getting caught up on the summer so that I can get on with my blogger life.
My younger sis Heather flew into Portland from New York City to spend a couple of days with my sister Lara and I before we drove down to McCall, Idaho to spend the week with my mom, her husband Marvin, my sister Annika, her husband Nate, and several of Marvin's kids and grand kids. It was a grand old week.
We took Heather biking along the 5 mile Portland water front (Joshua rode his own bike, happiness!):
(by the way Joshua told me today that it is OK every once in a while to call him a nickname, but most of the time he wants to be called "Joshua")
(soon Toby may be riding his own bike on the Portland Waterfront too...he's getting really adept)
(The youngest sister with the oldest sister/4 sisters)
Then on Monday Heather and I took off with the little boys (Brent had to stay for work) and drove down to McCall, Idaho to meet the rest of the family. Silly me, I forgot my camera! Since I keep track of what we did by looking at the pictures, and I have no pictures...I will just give a run down of some of the great things we did there:
(any pictures I post are copied from the internet, sorry)
- We camped at the very beautiful and nice campground: Ponderosa State Park
- We sang songs around the campfire
- We played games
- My mom had activities for the kids like decorating hats...I know my boys will always remember that
- We swam in Payette Lake, paddled our raft, and rented jet skis for 1/2 day (very fun!)
- We visited Roseberry, Idaho and went to a museum with a very interesting exhibit on the area barns. I decided that someday I want to have a barn. They are so neat and fun and it would be great to keep a few animals for emergency preparedness. Roseberry also had a neat general store with Scandinavian Gifts and old fashioned toys/candy. I bought a rooster alarm clock to wake Joshua up for school. The Scandinavian items were eye candy.
Roseberry Museum- We ate dinner in McCall Idaho
- We contemplated going to the Tamarack Ski Resort to ride the 90 minute zipline (but changed our minds after finding out it costs $90 per person...maybe another time)
- I went on a wonderful long run by myself through the woods and meadows by the lake while my mom and sister watched the boys. It was liberating. Thanks guys!
- We visited Gold Fork Hot Springs...this was my favorite thing we did together! It was soooo worth the money! It was a beautiful and relaxing series of 6 shallow pools that went from extremely hot down to cool...all under next to and under the shade of the pine forest. I recommend the whole trip, but I would go especially for Gold Fork Hot Spring.











2 comments:
Man! What a cool trip. And awesome idea to organize a block party. It is fun to meet neighbors and get to know people better. As much as I grumbled about moving to Utah I really have enjoyed it because we have fantastic neighbors! We've never had neighbors that we've known (hello, that's our fault too haha). My parents are quite un-neighborly so when I left home it was weird to me to be friendly to neighbors. How weird is that. I am learning, and it sure is fun! :)
That's so funny...That's totally our trip this summer. We camped at the state park, swam in the lake, rented jet skis and even hit the hot springs on our way home...It's that place great!? We had so much fun there. This summer was our second year!