
So we received this book as a Christmas gift last year from the Jefferies cousins (thanks you guys). The boys absolutely love it. Toby has every word memorized. They read it all year long, just anticipating the arrival of snow (which we can only hope for here). The book starts out "Snow day, school closed...Snow is white, half my height, somewhere out there snowball fight!" The boys were reciting these words as they were getting ready to go outside. Joshua even tried to sneak outside without eating breakfast. When I caught him he quoted the book "No time for breakfast, running late, pretend I don't hear when mom yells ''WAIT!'"

Here is a classic video clip of the boys playing in the snow, trying to have a snowball fight and making snow angels!
Well, now the boys are tucked into bed and dreaming of playing in the snow, no doubt. The wind is howling and it is colder here than it has ever been. School has already been canceled tomorrow. It finally feels like Christmas (lights and decorations seem odd in the absence of snow and green grass everywhere). And tomorrow we are going for SNOWMAN vs. last years snowboy.
I am really happy for this snow storm, but I am so glad that it isn't this cold all winter.









4 comments:
I REALLY need to move to Portland. I wish everything shut down here when it snowed, but then we'd be out of business half the year, aye? Nikki says that more humid air keeps one from getting colds as easily too. Do you think that is true? That would be very nice. Hack! Hack! =) I think your winter canoeing looks like so much fun.
You know, after this post I think I will give books for Christmas from now on. We walked into WalMart last year and saw the table with books displayed and I thought 'Wow books thats what I'll give the cousins.'
A few weeks after Christmas VA sent me a thankyou note telling me how much her kids loved thier books, that #2 fell asleep with his every night. Now I read your post and think I picked a winner. :)
It is FINALLY snowing here in SE Utah YAY! We'll have to have a snow day when there is enough to play in and the kids noses stop running.
Go buy books everyone, tell the publishing industry we still love to read inspite the economic downfall.
Wow, they pretty much have that book memorized, huh? Smarties. We are looking forward to hanging out with you guys soon!
Love them. There is nothing better than a good fun snow day. Especially the hot chocolate after and the big mess of clothes all wet and everywhere. But it's worth it for the hours of fun don't you think!