Hunting for a Christmas Tree at the neighborhood Christmas Tree Farm
Did I employ some really funky effects in Picasa, or are the pictures off of a cell phone? I'll let you decide.
Did I employ some really funky effects in Picasa, or are the pictures off of a cell phone? I'll let you decide.


What a fun new family tradition. We get a fun activity with free cookies and cocoa, we support a local farmer (you can't beat $20 for any size tree), and we get the fresh smell of pine. Mmmm. Plus the farmer plants 3 trees for every one cut down! How fun to romp among acres of trees. I think we decided that we want to own a Christmas Tree Farm someday.
Decorating Gingerbread Houses-
Alright, so I really only made one this year. The rest of the dough Toby made into gingerbread men and ate them all!
Alright, so I really only made one this year. The rest of the dough Toby made into gingerbread men and ate them all!
As you can see, if you look really closely...this gingerbread house was collapsing as soon as we decorated it! I am guessing that it was the change in altitude that made the gingerbread less firm after it was baked. Next time I will compensate by adding more flour. But don't get me wrong, we're not complaining...it was the softest, yummiest gingerbread EVER! And we got to dig in right away instead of waiting for weeks. Awesome!Finally...THE TREE
The boys had a great time trimming the tree! It's been a really fun and festive Christmas season so far.
The boys had a great time trimming the tree! It's been a really fun and festive Christmas season so far.











1 comments:
nice tree! you guys are great.
and, for the record: I don't think your kids are horrible.
hope to see you guys soon.