Yum, yummy, yummo! I'm on a never ending quest to find more yummy/healthy recipes with vegetables. I tried this recipe and my kids were skeptical at first but after they tried it, they loved it! And the whole next day I felt so good! I had this raw cabbage buzz pulsing through my body. Anyway, it is good enough to share:
Dressing:
3 T sesame oil
3 T rice vinegar
1 clove of garlic, minced
1 t grated ginger (I just used powdered ginger)
1 T white sugar
1 t salt
1 t black pepper
Salad:
1/2 large head cabbage
1 bunch green onions (but I omitted those)
1 C almond slivers
1/4 C toasted sesame seeds (I bought them already toasted, but you can toast them in your oven or probably just use untoasted)
Wisk dressing and toss over salad. I also added shredded chicken breast from a Costco rotisserie chicken. And oh my goodness it was SO good! And folks, I did not know that that you can buy a rotisserie chicken from Costco for 5 dollars! That's about as cheap as buying it raw. I would definitely add the chicken unless you want it vegetarian. It is so quick, easy and it is great as a main dish! Enjoy and feel the cabbage power!
Our Dancing Queen
2 weeks ago









2 comments:
Oh man I love the Costco rotisserie chicken. They are nice and big and good for usuakky 2 or 3 meals. Cna't beat it. The salad recipe sounds great!
And thanks by the way for bringing Christian's laptop when you come next week! That will buy us some time while we decide what to do about our computer.
Yum I am so exited, love cabbage salad! Thanks for sharing. Glad to know you are feeling well! I just took up sprouting. LOVE it and so healthy for you. It's really easy too!