Over spring break we took a make-up trip to Utah (we had to make up for being snowed in over Chirstmas). It was SO great seeing family and we even got to see a handful of friends!!
We got to see this sister fresh off or her LDS mission to Ohio...and it was SO good to see her!

Brent and I took turns taking jogs in the nice Draper trails in the lovely warm sunshine! Brent snapped some pictures of the new Draper Temple!
We had a great time catching up with my mom's husband's kids on Saturday. On Sunday we attended a lovely bash at Brent's parent's house in Draper. We got to see all of his siblings except Amy in Iowa :-(.
We checked out the Gilgal Garden in Salt Lake City (this could be a post in and of itself). Have any of you ever been to that crazy place?

We got to go out to lunch with one of Brent's favorite cousins Weston and his wife Ashley. It was nice to meet them and catch up. Wes posed a great picture for us, but I won't put it up so I don't embarrass Ash. :-)
Some of our close friends from high school had a little gathering at the Coverston's house. We got to meet some babies that we had yet to greet. It was good seeing some good old BF's. We are truly grateful for their unconditional friendship. Too bad that I was so busy catching up, I forgot to take any pictures :-(.
We hung out all day with my mom and her Marvin in downtown Salt Lake City. We went out to eat at the Lion House, the boys enjoyed Temple Square (a novelty to them), and we went to Gateway and the Clark Planetarium.


Brent and I took turns taking jogs in the nice Draper trails in the lovely warm sunshine! Brent snapped some pictures of the new Draper Temple!We had a great time catching up with my mom's husband's kids on Saturday. On Sunday we attended a lovely bash at Brent's parent's house in Draper. We got to see all of his siblings except Amy in Iowa :-(.
We checked out the Gilgal Garden in Salt Lake City (this could be a post in and of itself). Have any of you ever been to that crazy place?

We got to go out to lunch with one of Brent's favorite cousins Weston and his wife Ashley. It was nice to meet them and catch up. Wes posed a great picture for us, but I won't put it up so I don't embarrass Ash. :-)
Some of our close friends from high school had a little gathering at the Coverston's house. We got to meet some babies that we had yet to greet. It was good seeing some good old BF's. We are truly grateful for their unconditional friendship. Too bad that I was so busy catching up, I forgot to take any pictures :-(.
We hung out all day with my mom and her Marvin in downtown Salt Lake City. We went out to eat at the Lion House, the boys enjoyed Temple Square (a novelty to them), and we went to Gateway and the Clark Planetarium.


On our last day we got to hang out with the Jefferies all day long. Grandma Jane had a minor surgery in the morning, but in the afternoon we played games, watched a movie, hung out with cousins, aunties Liz and Emily, uncle Jonny (it was too rainy to go paragliding...bummer).
Probably the funniest part of the whole trip was when little cousin Ella (2 years old) started tackling Joshua. I mean, Joshua is probably 3 or 4 times her weight. But she was relentless and would not give up. Joshua was so gentle and just laughing about being pulled on the floor over and over. I like that little girl. A lot. She's got gumption. Toby really liked playing with her too. It was one of the first girls that he actually told me he likes :-). We hope you guys come and visit soon!And if you are wondering what the strange markings are on Toby's face...it turns out he got into some of Grandma's makeup...
Exhibit A:
Exhibit B:
And finally, we had to leave. It was a cold, blowing and snowy trip through northern Utah and southern Idaho...but once we got to Oregon we had decent enough weather to make a few rest stops.










5 comments:
Thanks for not posting the picture. Tons! Where is that weird park?
I'm glad you had a great time on your trip! Our trip was much less busy, but was still great. And I think I need to check out that strange park next time I'm in Utah. Only 2 more days!!!
You guys kept busy and had a lot of fun it looks like! I wish we could have been there longer to hang out besides the computer fixing day. Oh well, next time!
Gilgal was a neat little place. We took the kids there for a picnic lunch one day but it rained to it was shortlived. Interesting. Glad you guys had a fun and safe trip.
Next time you pass the Tri-Cities you should stop by.
Kate, I haven't read your blog for a long time. Those pictures of Ella tackling Josh are hilarious! Just the thought of it kept me chucking even after I was reading other entries on your blog. We are definitely coming there sometime this summer. Do you think it would be easier for you if we came before you had the baby or after? We are pretty flexible. Talk to you later.