Another Saturday off...another adventure. This time Brent suggested the Bonneville Damn, fish ladder, and fish hatcheries...followed by a waterfall hike. This was our first time visiting the Bonneville Damn area, despite the many recommendations given by locals. I am surprised to admit that the best part of the whole area were the fish hatcheries. There are trails and gardens with ponds stocked with large fish, and underwater viewing areas. One of the sturgeons was a whopping 12 feet long! It looked like a walrus! I didn't take any pictures, regretfully since it was POURING rain. I hope we'll go back sometime when the weather is nicer and we can have a picnic on the grass. Brent was still hoping to get in the short 2 mile hike to Wachlella Falls, up the canyon from the damn...and we figured that a great way to motivate the boys to hike was to buy them their own colorful umbrellas at the gift shop! Sure enough it worked!
The Boys had great fun and stayed (mostly) dry with their umbrellas...
And it made for some nice, bright pictures.

The Boys had great fun and stayed (mostly) dry with their umbrellas...
And it made for some nice, bright pictures.
It was a very lovely hike. We passed several waterfalls...once again, I would love to go back when it's a little more dry.









7 comments:
Looks like fun. We love going to the hatchery. I LOVE the umbrellas! They do make for great pictures.
great umbrellas--they did make for great photos.
you will have to get a photo of that fish--WHOA!!
You guys rock! Heavy rain + pregnant mommy equals a "hunker down" day at my house, not awesome hikes with awesome rainbow umbrellas.
the pictures are missing something, oh yeah, YOU. Pass you husband, or kiddos, that camera and include a couple of beautiful you!
There is one picture of me...really tiny in one of the collages. It just wasn't too interesting.
Kate and Brent, Your kids are so cute and Oregon looks amazing! Congrads on having a baby girl in the oven! I'm excited I found your blog!!!
Okay, you've sold me. We must move to Oregon. I really don't mind all that rain either. It's moist, green and beautiful! Is there rumor that you may be moving though? I think I've been to that fish hatchery and ladder, and saw that huge sturgeon! Is it on the Columbia River?