We found the 'just right' tree!
Brent had to measure it to make sure, since we had make a compromise: we were looking for a tree that was tall enough to not look midgety under our 12 foot ceilings, and yet had no bigger than a 4 foot circumference.
nope Joshua...that one is too short for sure!
we gave thanks to the tree for giving us its life, and cut it down.
uh, Brent singlehandedly took care of that one...
Some of the other trees available...
then...hot cocoa and cookies inside by the fire!
Brrr...it was such a cold, blustery day.
cheesy 70's style wax nativity scene in the barn...with real sheep and baby chickens!
(hey the boys loved it!)
getting the tree home and up...
and ready to decorate!
as is tradition...the littlest one puts the star on the top (since the bigger one is too heavy)...
but Joshua thought it looked crooked, so he got to straighten it (and almost broke his pa's back!)
the boys put up their stockings
Toby put up Elsa's stocking
and voila! It's beginning to look a lot like [a disco party] Christmas!
Happy Christmas everyone!









3 comments:
We have a stocking for Chickadee too. Okay. I really want to live there. A Christmas tree farm so close is awesome. Sigh. It's good here too, I guess. =) I love your yellow area rug. What a great outing.
I love the disco party christmas. What a lovely home you have! I hope that our little family has a chance to come visit soon. How cool is it that you can have so many christmas TREES so close to your home!
I could go and chop down an orange/lemon/avocado tree to put up, but I don't think it would be the same. And I don't think the farmers would appreciate it.
Looks like you are all set for a FABULOUS! christmas.
PS--I love your fireplace. Especially the mantle.
Oh, awesome! I was just saying "disco tree" in my head when I read the disco party Christmas part! How cool! And I really enjoyed the Charlie Brown and recycled tree pics too. Priceless. You guys are so fun!