the dress
12/13/2009 | Author: jefferies
Sewing...I learned how to make hats, mittens and scarves in my high school outdoor clothing class.  Over the years, I've sewed odds and ends: mending little boys' pants, making Jedi capes for Joshua's birthday party, etc...  Well, I needed a hobby to get my mind off things and I decided to start sewing again and learn to sew more advanced things.  And right after I made that decision, my girlfriends started getting together for a weekly sewing day.  And my more experienced sewing friend Katie guided me through the process of making this:



 
 
...and I must say I am pretty pleased with the result.  I love this style of wrap dress, but it is very hard to find it in anything other than boring brown or black.  I LOVE fun colors and patterns and I can't wait to do more!
|
This entry was posted on 12/13/2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

10 comments:

On December 13, 2009 at 7:44 PM , Katie Fox said...

I am so happy you love it, I was worried you it wouldn't turn out to your liking, yeah great job!

 
On December 13, 2009 at 9:35 PM , Rachel said...

So awesome! I hope I get to do some sewing in the future - what a great dress. You look fantastic.

 
On December 14, 2009 at 7:11 AM , Liz Jefferies said...

I love it love it love it! And it is so flattering on you. So cute with the boots and white leggins/tights!

 
On December 14, 2009 at 10:50 AM , Ariana said...

Gorgeous!!! I wish I understood pattern instructions better...I can only make sweatshirts, jammie pants, and rectangular things (quilts, blankets, etc).

 
On December 14, 2009 at 1:09 PM , Lima Bean said...

I totally want that pattern if you're willing to share. . .you look great.

 
On December 14, 2009 at 2:44 PM , Rebecca and Nick said...

That is such a cute dress! And you are looking good, too! I have been wanting to make some cute skirts because I can't ever find what I am going for. Thanks for the motivation!

 
On December 15, 2009 at 11:54 AM , My Voice Marshfield said...

WOW! Fabulous and you look awesome! How fun!
Thinking of you tomorrow (and today, obviously).
: )

 
On December 16, 2009 at 9:12 PM , Lacee said...

Katie,

I love it!! Wish I had the knowledge to make something like that. So awesome!!

-Lacee, the other pharmacist :)

 
On December 17, 2009 at 10:16 AM , Kylie said...

That dress is adorable! I tried some sewing recently too and thought maybe I would try a skirt or something. Great job!

 
On December 18, 2009 at 9:29 PM , The White House said...

Love the color the look everything but most of all way to go for being the amazing seamstress.

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...