7 months of ollie fun
4/02/2011 | Author: jefferies
Wowsas!  Just when I thought I was caught up on the blog, I'm way behind again!

In March Oliver turned 7 months.  The only big change he had was that he learned to sit up independently.  He also went poop on the potty for the first time...I'll thought about posting a picture, but I'll spare you that little detail.  


First, some recent sewing projects:
skirt: 
 My Katie Fox skirt.  Love it.
Katie designed this pattern last year and she shared it with me.  
I bought the fabric for it WAAAY last fall, and finally got around to making it. 

swimsuit:
 Next, a little clearance swimming suit purchase alteration.
 



I bought this suit from Athleta (the women's GAP athletic sub-store) on clearance for $15 each piece.  Which is a bargain...but they were out of talls in the tops.  And I want my tankini to cover my WHOLE belly.  So I bought a little coordinating swimsuit fabric, folded it in half to make a belly band and sewed it to the top of the bottoms to make a yoga waist band.  It required a lot of coaxing to get my old bernina to sew through the 8 layers of stretchy fabric...but after I bought a stretch needle and switched from a straight stitch to a zig-zag stitch, it came together perfectly.  
I LOVE it!  Genius!

I can't wait for summer to use my ADORABLE new swim suit!


 baby pants:
 Next I made a pair of cream knit baby pants from a brand new sweat shirt type shirt, which I bought on sale and then didn't end up liking.  The fabric was so new and soft, it was just begging to be made into pants.  And I had this cute little orange and cream kimono style shirt that needed cream pants to match it.  I found another pair of stretchy pants that were the size and style I wanted, folded them in half and laid them on top of the sweat shirt.  I cut out two double layered pieces with a 1 inch seam allowance on the sides and an extra two inches on the top.  I used the sweatshirt hem as the bottom of the leg so I did not need to hem the pants.  Then I sewed the side seams up and place the two legs together, one leg inside the other with right sides together and sewed the crotch.  For the waistband I sewed a separate band of fabric around the elastic, and then attached the band to the top of the pants.  SO easy!  And SO perfect!  Once again, I'm very happy with how it turned out.
 This picture was taken on Oliver's actual 7 month birthday!  YaY!

My baby buddy hanging out in the guest room/sewing room with me:



Some family fun:
 taking some pictures with the self-time...the boys have caught on to one of my favorite games: self-timer photo shoot!  YES!


 I can't believe how old Ollie is looking...although, since we've taken these pictures, he's chubbed up a little more.  Our babies tend to get to a very chubby peak RIGHT before they start becoming mobile.  AHHHHHHH!  He's growing up too fast!
 Just a darling picture of Toby.  I think I have some pretty cute boys.
  
And here are some pictures of Oliver feeling very accomplished after he achieved his first poop on the potty:

 Since I'm sparing you the poop pictures...which are pretty very disgusting, I'll tell you about elimination communication instead.  It's simple.  When you see your baby pooping or peeing you tell them what is happening.  Then when you notice their potty cues you try to get them on the potty before they go.  Give them the word or sound you used when they were going before, and hopefully it all comes out in the potty!  Yea!  Not too challenging.  I'm just hoping to catch it every once in a while and get him comfortable with releasing on the potty so that hopefully potty training will be a breeze!

 playing with his brovy and his toys

 Not a very good shot...but a BIG hug from his brother.  
Mmm...I think that Oliver has to be on the top 10 of the most adored babies in the history of the world.  His brovies love him SO much!  I know this is because they had to wait SO long for a baby and they suffered a great loss when Elsa died.  They are experiencing SO much joy and that makes me very glad.  In fact, yesterday Toby told me that he thinks we should have 8 more babies in our family...WOAH!  Hold on there brotha!  THAT's TOO many.
This entry was posted on 4/02/2011 and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

On April 4, 2011 at 3:31 PM , Margo said...

The suit looks great, although my Athleta tops are super long on me, so I must be a real shorty! I almost ordered that top and thought for too long and it was gone. Boo hoo. These tops are excellent for those who lose all their parts post nursing : )

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...