elsa's birthday--a REAL giveaway
7/29/2011 | Author: jefferies
{Give away info at the bottom}

Ok...first off just let me say how underwhelmed I am by the response from my fund raising efforts for Mama Baby Haiti.  BUT, no prob!  It's really my fault.  I didn't promote it AT ALL (too busy!).  AND, I made a little oopsie in calling it a giveaway.  What I should have called it is a drawing.  You donate $5 {via paypal}...you enter a drawing for some really awesome prizes!  And I should have elaborated more on how awesome these prizes are going to be:

1 ~ A mini session with TM Custom Portraits.  I think that is at least a $100 value!  TM is my best buddy and she takes STUNNING photos.  If you don't live in Portland, now is a good time for a road trip!  Or, you could make other arrangements...TM does occasionally travel to Utah to visit family and would probably be happy to arrange a time (although I can't exactly speak for her, haha!).
This is our family picture she took in 2008.
We have it printed on a gallery wrapped canvas in our living room and people always ask who took it.  
We're about to get new family pictures done!  I'm very excited.

2 ~ And I am giving away two beautiful, new, LARGE handmade blankets from my own personal collection {which I have dubbed "Sweet Meadowlark"}. These blankets are 1 full yard of sweetness with a modern cotton print on one side and velvety soft minky on the other side.  They are the only blankets that my baby will sleep with.  The retail value for these blankets is about $40 each, because of their size and quality of fabrics {but I don't sell them, I only give them away}.  They are great for your baby, toddler or would make a very sweet gift.

Those prizes TOTALLY rock...and all you need to do is donate $5.  Come ON!!  ;-)  We all are blessed with so much more than people in other lands.  Please donate, and then make a comment on this blog entry.  OK??!!  I'm going to close the drawing on my daughter's birthday AUGUST 16.  So that gives you two and a half weeks to get around to making a donation.  I PROMISE this is a GREAT charity, which can REALLY use the money.  And all of the money will go straight to helping the people of Haiti, as I personally know the founders and know they are paying for a lot of stuff (rent, supplies, food, water, medicine) out of their pockets.  They are mostly there to help mamas and babies, but they have also given food to starving children and medical care to anyone who needs it.  It is staffed completely by volunteers.

NOW>>>In celebration of my own Sweet Meadowlark...I am going to GIVE AWAY one of my above ^^ mentioned blankets, completely free {and separate from the MB Haiti drawing}.  All you have to do is make a comment on THIS blog entry.  Any nice old comment will do.  Birthday wishes for Elsa.  How fit I'm looking.  How much you love me.  :-)  Etc, etc.  And I will close this give away on Elsa's birthday as well.  You do not need follow my blog or advertise for me, but you can if you want!        

LOVE you, people!   
Thank you for all of the love and support you have given me over the past two years.  Now...
Please enter!  Please enter!  
Comment here     
This entry was posted on 7/29/2011 and is filed under , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

4 comments:

On July 29, 2011 at 9:49 PM , Our Family said...

Thanks for your kind words. I'll donate 5 bucks for a chance to win. I love your craftiness. Kap

 
On July 30, 2011 at 6:42 AM , Windybrook Spinner said...

I donated 25 for Winnie's birthday. Somehow I missed your first post about this. Thank you for posting about it again. It sounds like a wonderful organization and the birth center is beautiful. Happy Birthday Elsa.

 
On July 30, 2011 at 12:10 PM , Cullen said...

Kate,

It sounds like a great cause. I'll donate $5 . . . but don't worry about entering me in the drawings. I don't currently have a need for baby blankets (my dogs would just chew them up!!) and I'm not planning any roadtrips soon.

However, I think its awesome you're putting this together. Way to go!!

 
On August 1, 2011 at 5:39 PM , Tara said...

Wow Kate, you look really thin in the recent photos you've posted!!! (Just trying to kiss up to you).

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...