Once again I am SO behind on blogging. I have a lot of catching up to do in order to document our family's adventures and my thoughts along the way. I do have TWO very good excuses for being so behind this time...
1) We MOVED!
Surprised??? So are we! What can I say about the move except that it was unexpected. We were led to this house. This was not really our plan right now...but we really felt that this is what God wants us to do right now. I found this house online and just knew that it was for us. I felt that knowledge flow through me like a ray of light entering the top of my head and flowing through my whole body. However, I still wasn't really sure about this move. The thought of leaving our first home together...the one we shared so many hard but sacred moments, the one we poured heavy labor into (like the time we were laying sod until 1 am in the freezing rain)...it was hard. But I can say that it has been and will continue to be such a good thing for me and for all of us. Moving on. It can be hard, but is cathartic...like a salve for the soul. And our new house is so full of light. So much more than our old house. And light makes me happy. VERY, very happy.
We love the wild yard and all the birds!
The views
And the neighborhood peacock!
office and master bedroom
dining room and living room
I'll post more pictures when I am closer to being unpacked and having furniture.
And 2) My sister got married and we took a trip to Utah (in the middle of moving) to go to her wedding!
the lovely couple!
(more on the wedding and trip later)
Oh and...school ended, Toby had a birthday, I trained for a half marathon (running tomorrow! Happy Independence Day!), and we've had our usual adventures.
Hasta la vista!
Happy summer!









3 comments:
Wow! Congrats on the new house. More light is always a blessing.
Your house is awesome! Congrats on such a great find! :)
What a great house! Doing unexpected things is fun and exciting. I hope you and your family and enjoying the new place.