The Yaquina Head Light House
Tara and Carter flying a kite on the beach
The rain cleared enough for the boys to play in the sand...
And for Kate to go Boogie Boarding (remind me to purchase some adult wet suits)
Lounging around the campsite
(yes, we wish that we would've reserved that yurt in the background)
Our campsite:
We tried in vain to dry our soggy clothes.
We eventually had to give in and go to a laundromat in Newport to dry them.
We drove into Newport to watch the fireworks display over the bay.
HAPPY 4th EVERYONE!
The 5th of July was so rainy we had to go back to Newport to buy rain jackets for the boys.
The sea lions had these beautiful pools to swim in. Swimmin' Kate was tempted to join them.
The fine mist on a spider web.
Corn on the cob, later that evening. Do you think they were hungry?
Singing camp songs under the protective tarp.
Warming up by the campfire.
A ghostly shot at the beach. We left only a whisper.









4 comments:
What a fun trip. It looks like you had a ton of fun inspite of the rain.
I'm glad you have a blog, I like to keep up with family. Have a good evening.
Michelle
Http://cmichellejefferies.blogspot.com
Yea! I love your new blog. It's fun to see all your adventures. It makes me wish that Nick was accepted to the Portland dental school instead of the Las Vegas one. Oh well.
So awesome. It looks like you all had a great time. I loved seeing you play the guitar, it reminds me of camp. I miss Brighton. Wow. Isn't camping the best!
Wouldn't be the 4th of July in Oregon without rain! :-) Looks like a fun trip even with the rain...we went to Yaquina Head when we were there in May. So cool! Did you go inside the lighthouse?