
I was slow to warm up to Twilight. The first few chapters of exposition were overly full of Bella's self consciousness. But the farther I got into the book, the more I started to relate with the story. OK, I admit...I grew to love the Cullen family, and the sweetness of true love.
Anyway, once again seeing that I jumped on the Twilight boat within a month or two of the release of the final book, I was able to read the series all at once, without having to wait (I don't like waiting!). So I finished Twilight and read New Moon and Eclipse...all the while getting deeper into the Twilight World and more frustrated with the plot. And then I was waiting for Breaking Dawn just like all the rest of the super fans. I likey.
After all is said and done, I really enjoyed the entire series. There were some magical, happy moments of not being able to put the book down. There were definitely parts that I didn't like very much, and parts where I was frustrated. In the end, however I felt that the kinks were worked out of the story and I really liked the ending.
As a disclaimer: although Twilight fits into the Young Adult category, it is my opinion that Eclipse and Breaking Dawn fit more into the adult category. Which ends up being tricky, since young adults will want to finish the series. [Warning: spoilers ahead] I just hope that any teenager reading these books will learn 1) not to tolerate a relationship with a controlling partner (no matter how much you think you're in love), 2) that you can always make good of your life no matter what your situation is (as in the example of the Cullens), and 3) that people can and do wait to have sex until after they are married; and it is better that way.
So... the moral of this blog entry is: The next time you are enjoying a great series of books, wait until the last one is almost out to tell me about it. :-)
I just had to write this blog entry BEFORE I write about visiting Forks.









0 comments: