Girls Camp!
8/09/2009 | Author: jefferies
Alright...so any of you who REALLY know me, you know how much I love camp and working with Young Women. So I was thrilled that I got to go to girls camp this year even if I was 33-34 weeks pregnant (I've since heard that's against church policy...oops). The whole pregnancy issue was no big deal though. We slept in beds in rustic cabins, we cooked over the campfire and in dutch ovens, we had a pool and got to go swimming! And basically that was it. No hiking, nothing strenuous (besides walking to flag and around camp). My responsibility was to sleep in the cabin with 12 - 13 year old girls and do meals with them. The youth leaders took care of the rest of the activities. It was like being a Brighton counselor all over again, but with a lot less responsibility (except having to plan for and cook all the meals). It was awesome and I had a great time! I love working with girls that age and it was so fun to get to know them.

I didn't get many pictures since my battery died, but here are some shots from the skit that our group did:

This girl in the front was the best! She had a spiderman swim shirt!


Vader did a cameo in our skit


Such fun times! I really enjoyed getting to learn some new camp songs...one in particular that my family loved learning (and I would love to teach my friends at Brighton Camp) was the 'Humpty Dumpty' song. So funny! It's a competition sing off between two sides...each coming up with impromptu truncated nursery rhymes and ending with 'HUA! Ain't that funky now?' all dancing and craziness included.

Thanks to Brent for arranging his work schedule so that he could stay home most of the week with the boys...and thanks also to a couple of other helpers who filled in the babysitting gaps!
This entry was posted on 8/09/2009 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...