Quick Utah Trip
8/09/2009 | Author: jefferies
We drove down to Utah for a quick visit during my 35th week of pregnancy (after getting the go-ahead from my midwife and also lining up a backup midwife in Utah, just in case).

Draper Days
We hit the Draper Days parade with Grandma Jane:
lots of candy and business advertising there

Sam n' Ella's
We visited cousins Sam n' Ella's new Draper house:
Nice view of Lone Peak


I got to do some private shopping at Aunt Emily's ebay store and found some really cute baby clothes!

Uncle Jonny loading up his van to teach some paragliding lessons


Baby Party
We had a Baby Celebration with our old high school friends...a pool party/barbecue/baby shower for us and the Coverston-Wegners...and a chance to see the Johnson Family who were visiting from Pennsylvania!

Zach, Ryan, Derek and Brent...together again!
(Brent crouched...he's really not THAT much shorter!)

Malia and her sweet bebe


Group shot: too bad we never remember to take pictures until after half of the party leaves!
Here we've got Coverston-Wegner family, Malia and Oz, The Jefferies, The Johnsons and the Sadlers...sorry we missed the rest of you!

Fun girls! We miss you all so much!
Lesley, Emily, Malia, Katie and Hilary

Sushi
We met our Brighton/Alta hybrid group of high school friends again for sushi:

Family Time
We had dinners with my mom and her husband...and got to say goodbye to step-sister Mindi before she moved with her cute little family to Arizona. (Ug...forgot pictures).


Cousin Picnic & Hike
We had a cousin picnic and hike around Silver Lake up at Brighton. The cousins all had SO much fun! Can't go to Utah without going to Brighton (my mountain home)...
The cousins were all climbing on top of this rock, but I couldn't get a good picture, dangit! All of these Jefferies cousins were so busy it was hard to get any pictures with their faces toward the camera.
Joshua, Brianna, Tessa and Joseph watching the fishers

Luke and Thomas
These two cute little babies were both born after we moved away so they were like darling and familiar looking little strangers.

Joseph and Joshua
These guys had a great time playing together. At one point I overheard Joseph say to Joshua "hey Joshua are we best buddies?" and Joshua said "yes. We are best buddies forever!" Aw!

Toby and Hyrum

Ben, Brianna and Tessa
These guys found some fishing line and were rigging up a pole

Joshua and Joseph found a great cliff to climb on



Kate and Virginia
This dear sister-in-law is also pregnant with baby number 5 (and they're keeping the gender a surprise)!!


Uncle Jonny really knows how to herd the kiddos


Ben, Toby, Brianna


Oh...ooo...you could almost see all of the kids faces when I started taking this picture


back up on the wall

this was definitely a favorite place for the kids. Joshua wrote a journal entry about it and doesn't stop talking about it!

Toby up on top

Joshua, Tessa, Brianna




We're glad we went! I am glad that I wasn't feeling uncomfortable yet...if we would've waited one or two more weeks I would not have enjoyed it so much!
This entry was posted on 8/09/2009 and is filed under , , , , , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

On August 10, 2009 at 7:48 PM , Kylie said...

Oh man, I'm so sad that we missed the parties! Looked like so much fun! Anyway, hopefully another time! Glad you made it back home safe. :)

 
On August 13, 2009 at 3:43 PM , Rebecca and Nick said...

Oh, I am so sad I missed the fun cousin time you had in Utah! Dang. Maybe another summer we will be in the same place at the same time.

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...