why blog?
8/13/2011 | Author: jefferies
Have you wondered if it is worth it to keep up with blogging? 
I have...but first:

If you're looking for the fund raiser/drawing...click here!

We're coming down to the last few days of the fund raiser...THANK YOU to all have participated so far!  I need to get a current tally of the money we have raised so far.  I CAN'T WAIT to pick some winners...it'll make me so happy to give away some presents on Elsa's birthday!  I feel so loved and blessed to have such wonderful friends. 

Our blog...
It started back here, a long time ago (2007), after we left our motherland (Utah) and moved to Oregon.  That old blog was a log of our adventures, and is missing a lot of posts that somehow got erased, which is sad.  It was mostly for our parents, so they could see the boys from far away.  And it was for us, so we could keep a record of everything we were doing.  And then our friends started to read it...and they liked it.  Then we moved to the blogger format, which is easier to deal with...but then entered the world of comments and followers.  I think I rather liked it better when I didn't think anyone was reading it and I didn't expect anyone to make comments.  Now I just get sad when I write an awesome post (in my mind), and no body comments.  But then I have to stop and remind myself the reason why I started blogging in the first place.  It was for us.  And our parents.

Flash forward to 2009...two years ago.  Elsa died.  My blog became my outlet...free therapy.  It helped me a lot, and by "a lot" I mean it was almost everything to me for a while.  And so many people commented and said nice things to me that helped me to feel better {thank you}. 

And now...it's quiet again.

But {even though I love you} I don't need you to comment.  The purpose of this blog is not to complement farm.  It is for me.  It is our family history.  It is therapeutic.  It is a good way to stay in touch with family and friends.  And IF it can help a few mamas struggling with loss, I will cry and smile all at the same time.  Because I know.

And MOST OF ALL I am NOT writing this blog to make anyone feel inferior or jealous of our adventures.  That's just us.  We are the OREGONIAN JEFFERIES and we LOVE ADVENTURES.  And we've experienced BABY LOSS, which has changed us FOREVER.  Hopefully in a good way.      
This entry was posted on 8/13/2011 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...