annual tree hunt
1/29/2012 | Author: kate
12.6.12

Yeah, so I'm keeping a pretty good pace of being about 2 months behind on the blog and a swear SOMEDAY I am going to catch up again...it'll have to be before summer.  Anyway, I think I only have two things to post about from December, so that'll help me catch up to January, at least.

Every year since the second year we moved to Oregon we've visited the same tree farm where we hike around through their well-groomed trees, find the perfect tree, cut it down, tie it to the top of our car, and get hot chocolate and cookies in their barn.  Every year it's been our kick off to December and our Christmas season.  We have gone the day after Thanksgiving or on December 1.  But this year we were in Utah skiing the day after Thanksgiving and I had scouts on December 1, so we had to wait almost another week.  It was kind of agonizing because I was really wanting to get the house decked out!  Anyway, we finally went and found a great noble fir.

 Our yearly picture in front of the tree we pick out

 Toby and Brent cutting it down...and it's getting dark, so I have to turn on the flash
the life of a tree

Brent is turning into an adept edible mushroom hunter and found a shrimp mushroom 
(named for its pinkish color) near our tree
 and Ollie (who is still pretty wobbly on his feet, especially on uneven ground with lots of bumps, and especially in those cute little red rain boots) wanted nothing else but to walk all over the place; fall down and get back up again.  We had a great time!

This entry was posted on 1/29/2012 and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...