The Mamababy Haiti 5k "Give Thanks and Run", the weekend before Thanksgiving! My midwife put together this race, which is an awesome fundraiser for her non-profit birth center and health clinic. Brent had to work, unfortunately, so I gathered up all my kids and coerced them into running the 5k with me. Now since I was "running" with a 6 and a 9 year old, we'll use that term loosely. :)
For the most part, they did great! Except {somebody} had to go {poop} in the middle of the race, and of course there was nowhere to go. I really don't remember how we survived that little challenge. At the end, Joshua was really glad that he did it...but Toby wants to run the 1 mile kids run next year instead. I was secretly grateful to have the kids run with me since I was ~8 weeks pregnant and needed an excuse to not go as fast as I normally do.
It was fun to get out there in the nice weather and see some great people!
here we are all pumped up to run the boys' first 5k!
here we are after the race...Joshua happy, Toby not so much. And we got awesome t-shirts that say "I ran for their lives" on the back. Except Toby refuses to wear it because it says "mama" on it.
We will for sure come back and do it again next year!
It's a great way to kick off the Thanksgiving holiday.
Overall, I'm one proud mama!









0 comments: