The primary in our church (the children's group) planned a trip to visit the temple grounds and walk around. We all went together as a family, as we realized that we had never taken our children to the Portland Temple grounds before. The temple is such a special place to our family (and all families in our church) because when Brent and I were married there, we were sealed together for all eternity. I've always thought that was great because he's my best friend and I don't want to be separated from him after we die. And then when you add kids to the mix, you want them to be a part of your family forever as well. And then it REALLY hits home when someone in your family actually dies, and it brings long-term comfort and reassurance that you will be with that person again. Honestly after Elsa died, that is what kept me from wanting to die too. I am very thankful for the ordinances we have participated in the temple, which will keep our family together forever. I don't know where I'd be without that. It was a pleasure to visit there with our kids and to talk about that with them. They are also very comforted by the idea that Elsa will be a part of our family forever!
the family is central to the Creator's plan for the eternal destiny of His children
And that makes me SO happy, because I love my family more than anything.
On a lighter note, my kids loved my outfit so much that day because they thought I looked like a Jedi!
But seriously...
The Temple: it's what keeps everything you work so hard on during your life from falling apart after you die. Check it out! It ROCKS!










2 comments:
I love that shirt, I think it looks awesome. Can't wait to see it with a big preggo belly!
Love the post. I love the shirt also. You look great!