One of my
major goals for last year was to do service and/or raise money for Mamababy Haiti in honor of Elsa. One of the very first ideas that I had was to sew a bunch of blankets and stuff and sell them, donating all the proceeds to Mamababy Haiti. I named my brand "Sweet Meadowlark" as a way to honor and preserve a little girl who didn't stay long enough, but still touched the hearts of many. As time went on, I realized that I really did not have enough time or motivation to make that a reality, but I did decide on a one-time fund raiser instead.
THANK YOU once again to everyone who donated money to Mamababy Haiti for Elsa's birthday. I do believe that we have now reached my goal of raising $500. Incredible. And I can tell you that the money has helped with WONDERFUL things, most namely a generator for their clinic/birth center so that they can have lights and running water at all times. This is such a blessing to the people of Haiti.
It took me a few months, but I finally mailed out the blankets to the winners of the drawing. I LOVED the way they turned out, and I hope the families who get them loved them too. I thought I would post some pictures of my sweet meadowlark blankets:
this one had super soft coordinating blue minky on the back
this one had super soft coordinating white minky on the back
These blankets went out to two little girls who I hope love and cuddle with them for years to come.
I LOVE the birdie appliques.
0 comments: