introducing baby #5!
7/08/2012 | Author: kate
The first thing you're going to notice is that baby #5 is indeed another boy!  Yay boys!!!  I'm very happy about this since I was wanting a little brother buddy for Oliver.  The other thing you'll notice is that he is a HUGE baby.  I guess that's what I get for marrying into the huge baby gene pool...as my husband was 12.5 pounds when he was born.  Milo is actually a very long and skinny baby...really!  He looks like a stretched out 8 pound baby.  My midwife's apprentice called him a noodle.  And it doesn't really matter the size anyway, since it was my easiest birth yet.  When we weighed him I was utterly shocked at how much he weighed!!  It thought for sure he was going to be 8-9 pounds, just judging by how easy and smooth the birth went.

I will write up the birth story later...but I will say now that it was a beautiful birth at the Andaluz Waterbirth Center in Tualatin, Oregon.  I had my same midwives there who were at Elsa's and Oliver's home births (Jennifer and Jesica), as well as one fabulous apprentice Bernadette.  I don't know why I ever chose to have a home birth over going into the birth center!  It was so lovely to have a baby there.

SO HAPPY that Milo is here!!  He is a very mellow baby.  I don't think I heard him cry at all until he was 3 or 4 days old.  He sleeps very well, and has slept for 2 - 5 hour stretches each night, leaving me a very well rested new mama!  Everyone in our family is smitten with him...though Toby wishes that we would've named him Simon instead of Milo.

This entry was posted on 7/08/2012 and is filed under , , , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

3 comments:

On July 8, 2012 at 10:12 PM , Cullen said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! He sure is beautiful!

 
On July 10, 2012 at 8:56 PM , Lima Bean said...

Can't believe it's another boy!! So happy for you.

 
On July 11, 2012 at 8:32 PM , Our Family said...

He is a doll. Enjoy him every day. Happy 4 boys. So happy for you.

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...